PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Low Profile Pads or LC ThinPro for BOSS

Pages : [1] 2

ScottH
03-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Dear Forum Members,

For those with BOSS G15's and G21's, are you using the Griot low profile pads (the ones designed specifically for the BOSS machines) or are some using the LC Thin Pro's?

Thanks,
ScottH

goldenlight
03-18-2016, 03:09 PM
if you use any other brand.. Make sure they are designed for long throw polishers..

custmsprty
03-18-2016, 03:10 PM
if you use any other brand.. Make sure they are designed for long throw polishers..

Yeah, they will burn up some pads for sure!

Heisenberg
03-18-2016, 03:23 PM
Have and use both and they're great. I like the Griots microfiber pads quite a bit. IMO, I think Boss pads run a tad cooler because of the center being open.

ski2
03-18-2016, 05:28 PM
I've had excellent results with the B&S Low Pro pads for long throw polishers on my G15--- Buff & Shine Low-Pro Large Throw Foam Pads 5.5 Inch (http://www.autogeek.net/buff-and-shine-low-pro-5-inch-foam-pad.html)

Mike@ShineStruck
03-18-2016, 07:28 PM
I've used Boss pads from the start, but nkw I'm using B&S Low Pros

LC Thin pros makes it more balanced at speed 4 and up though vs the Griot Boss pads

Eldorado2k
03-18-2016, 10:41 PM
LC Thin pros makes it more balanced at speed 4 and up though vs the Griot Boss pads

So you prefer the LC Thin Pros w/o a hole in the middle over the LC HD Orbitals w/hole in the middle?

Mike@ShineStruck
03-18-2016, 10:51 PM
I haven't really tried them yet, only free aired the white Thin pro
Figured heat may build up more so I just stocked up on the low pros

Just saying Thin pros are definitely smoother then the low pros and the Boss pads

GOATMAN06
03-18-2016, 11:41 PM
I haven't really tried them yet, only free aired the white Thin pro
Figured heat may build up more so I just stocked up on the low pros

Just saying Thin pros are definitely smoother then the low pros and the Boss pads

So the Thin Pros are ok for the long throw polisher without damaging the pads? I want to try some but I have so many pads I don't use now.. lol

Mike@ShineStruck
03-19-2016, 01:23 AM
Yes, they're designed for long throws

Zubair
03-19-2016, 04:10 AM
I have all, the Boss and LC ThinPros are the best pads I have used on long throws and normal 8mm DA's. The thicker BnS Low-Pro's are the best pads one can use on a 3401.

ScottH
03-19-2016, 06:49 AM
So you prefer the LC Thin Pros w/o a hole in the middle over the LC HD Orbitals w/hole in the middle?

I too was wondering the same thing, and this question was in part why I started this thread. What I like (on paper) about the LC Thin Pros is that the color scheme matches the CCS pads (e.g. Orange foam = heavy cut, white foam = polsihing pad) so long as its OK without the center hole for heat disipation. I was also curious seeing that the LC Thin Pros are $3 - $5 less than the LC HD orbit and Griot pads. But it does say they are for long stroke machines and LC knows a thing about pads.

Thanks to everyone so far for their input.

ScottH

Eldorado2k
03-19-2016, 06:55 AM
I too was wondering the same thing, and this question was in part why I started this thread. What I like (on paper) about the LC Thin Pros is that the color scheme matches the CCS pads (e.g. Orange foam = heavy cut, white foam = polsihing pad) so long as its OK without the center hole for heat disipation. I was also curious seeing that the LC Thin Pros are $3 - $5 less than the LC HD orbit and Griot pads. But it does say they are for long stroke machines and LC knows a thing about pads.

Thanks to everyone so far for their input.

ScottH

I would think part of the reason the HD Orbitals cost more are because they're larger. The Thinpros come in 5.5" and 6.5" whereas the HD Orbitals come in 6" and 7"+ they have the hole, and since the hole is the latest & greatest, I guess it's expected to cost a bit more.

ScottH
04-27-2016, 09:09 PM
Dear Forum Members,

For those with BOSS G15's and G21's, are you using the Griot low profile pads (the ones designed specifically for the BOSS machines) or are some using the LC Thin Pro's?

Thanks,
ScottH

I am going to respond to myself (grin). I used the BOSS pads this past weekend (white and orange) with amazing satisfaction and results. The white pad is the firmest foam I've ever used, and the orange one isn't too far behind it - both have amazing cutting ability, of course the white has more - but the orange is no slouch. Both used with BOSS Correcting Cream (not the Fast Correcting Cream). They make any polisher run smoother. My only minor complaint was that I could not get them "spotlessly clean" after use. Don't get me wrong, they came more than clean enough to reuse, but the Correcting Cream was left behind a little on the white pad even with pad cleaner (in the center oddly enough, but not the rest of the pad). Nonetheless that's being nit picky and that's not the intention here. I absolutely love these pads and now waiting to see how durable they are.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-27-2016, 09:42 PM
I am going to respond to myself (grin). I used the BOSS pads this past weekend (white and orange) with amazing satisfaction and results. The white pad is the firmest foam I've ever used, and the orange one isn't too far behind it - both have amazing cutting ability, of course the white has more - but the orange is no slouch. Both used with BOSS Correcting Cream (not the Fast Correcting Cream). They make any polisher run smoother. My only minor complaint was that I could not get them "spotlessly clean" after use. Don't get me wrong, they came more than clean enough to reuse, but the Correcting Cream was left behind a little on the white pad even with pad cleaner (in the center oddly enough, but not the rest of the pad). Nonetheless that's being nit picky and that's not the intention here. I absolutely love these pads and now waiting to see how durable they are.

They are very durable.

I have been using the boss system since it came out. In july 15

And i still have some of the first pads i used, lol they are not the best looking the face is a little shriveled, but none the less if they were the last pads in my shop i would still be able to use them and get good results lol.

The pads really are bullet proof, i never had a pad fail or Delaminate.

And the great thing about griots is, if you ever do have a pad fail pre mature , you will have a replacement in the mail with one email.

A1 customer service