PDA

View Full Version : Natty's Red video - comparable to Zymol waxes

Pages : [1] 2

budman3
10-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Hey everyone. As some of you may know I just did a full detail on my Tacoma. The whole truck recieved 106ff, Jeffs Werkstatt AJ and then Collinite 845. Well last night I topped half the hood and the passenger fender with a mist of OCW topped with Natty's Red. This made the overall combo incredibly slick, and noticeable slicker than the Collinite 845 alone. I've seen a few videos on YouTube showing the expensive Zymols sheeting water and I guess this is what people are looking for in them. I guess they are so slick that they can just hose all of the dirt off of the car. Anyways, I figured I'd show how the Natty's Red and Collinite sheet water.

Natty's Red (cured for 12 hours over Collinite 845):
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/kmford8/th_HPIM1521.jpg (http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/kmford8/?action=view&current=HPIM1521.flv)

Collinite (cured for 1 day plus) over JW AJ:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/kmford8/th_HPIM1523.jpg (http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/kmford8/?action=view&current=HPIM1523.flv)

The Collinite left a few more water beads on the fender than the Natty's Red but then again it I was pouring the water about 1 foot above the fender where in the other videos they are practically touching the paint ... so to say the least, you don't need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a wax to get a slick wax that'll sheet water. A $25 wax will look great, easy to use (no need to apply w/ hands), sheets and beads waters just like any other wax.

joe.p
10-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Budman3, you have a nice winter combo there.the water sheets as nice if not better then some of the videos i have seen on highend waxes...

bambo2888
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
very nice, do you have any souveran to do a similar test with?

budman3
10-08-2007, 11:46 AM
very nice, do you have any souveran to do a similar test with?

No Souveran here ... Liquid Souveran though.

trlblazer3
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow that's impressive! I haven't picked up NR yet, but maybe I'll have to find a home for a jar in my detailing cabinet.

Surfer
10-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I still love my Nattys Blue even with the more expensive waxes I have, never tried Natty's Red...how did you like it?

ScottB
10-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Theres alot of waxes that mimic and even enhance the Zymol look, once you stop looking at just a price tag as some super marketing mumbo-jumbo.

klumzypinoy
10-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the videos!

budman3
10-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I still love my Nattys Blue even with the more expensive waxes I have, never tried Natty's Red...how did you like it?

I'm finding it to be a tad bit easier to use than the blue. The Red seems to be less forgiving than the blue because if I applied the blue a little too thick, it would be a little hard to remove. So the red is easier to use. But if you have the technique doewn w/ the blue, the only reason you should get the red is if your jar is almost empty, you like the smell of strawberries or if you find that it looks better. I can't really comment on the looks of the Red because I've only used it a handful of times but it sure doesn't look bad :cheers:.

I did find that using a spray wax, water or QD before applying Natty's made it easier to work with. I like to use OCW and find that rubbing a wax in with that makes the finish quite glossy.

trhland
10-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Theres alot of waxes that mimic and even enhance the Zymol look, once you stop looking at just a price tag as some super marketing mumbo-jumbo.
you mean solaris isnt worth 30 grand???its just marketing hype? crap:Di quess ill cross that one off my christmas list

ScottB
10-09-2007, 05:38 PM
you mean solaris isnt worth 30 grand???its just marketing hype? crap:Di quess ill cross that one off my christmas list

send it to me, I'll test and promise to let you in on the truth !!:D

Strokin04
10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Does the Red have anymore durability than the blue or white natty's?

Strokin04
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Does the Red have anymore durability than the blue or white natty's?

So being that no one answered I will assume that the durablilty is poor like the others then.:rolleyes:

budman3
10-10-2007, 05:37 PM
This is only my third or forth time using the Natty's Red, so I was banking on someone who has used it longer to comment ... I have a layer on my Jeep for 20 days now and its like I just applied it. Other than that I have no info on durability.

Strokin04
10-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks Budman3!!!