PDA

View Full Version : Wax Too Greasy???

radar99
10-08-2007, 12:14 AM
New to detailing, and trying on my wife's Black Denali. I am trying to apply Soverign over XMT finighing glaze, it is really greasy and does not want to come off very easily.
I am using a Dark Grey LC pad on my PC to apply it and the wool with the MF Bonnet to remove it.
Is Soverign supposed to be like this or am I doing something wrong?

dontsleeponit
10-08-2007, 12:28 AM
I would suggest you try and apply and remove it by hand if this is your first time using the wax and/or PC. You need to apply the wax very VERY thin and even, and it should buff off easily. Souveran is known for its ease of use, my bet is you are using too much.

I have never applied a paste wax with a PC, so this is the only advise I can offer. When I use paste waxes by hand, I use a foam applicator, and swipe it over the wax in the can once or twice at most, this should be enough for about half your average size hood, or most of a door.

Im not saying you cant use the PC for the wax, just recommending you do it by hand first to get an idea of how much you should be using.

Tex Star Detail
10-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Ditto, very very very very thin.

trhland
10-08-2007, 11:26 AM
yes veryveryveryveryveryvery thin. infact dont even put any wax on the pad just use the pad by it self:D

bambo2888
10-08-2007, 11:40 AM
sometimes i noticed that without a polishing, paint can be very course and absorbs A LOT of the wax the first time. subsequent waxxes will go much easier.

likewise, be sure to use the least amount of the wax as possible, the less the better. think of it this way, everything that you wipe away is wasted product.

radar99
10-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the advise, DEFINITELY too much was, I was thinking that wast the problem too.

Thank you all for your reply's

ScottB
10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I have found only one glaze to date that makes Souveran look better, its RMG. All in all, Souveran doesnt need any additional wetness or gloss and sometimes mutes or clouds the final appearance.

P1et
10-09-2007, 09:55 AM
The first time I waxed, I used Natty's Blue in the direct sun of a hot hood. I learned my lesson.

scottgt
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
The first time I waxed, I used Natty's Blue in the direct sun of a hot hood. I learned my lesson.

did the same thing with sig ser II in a hot black hood lol....no bueno

Jimmie
10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree with all the above plus no need to let it dry. As soon as it is applied it can be wiped off. WOWO.
If you were applying it too heavy your MF bonnet can load up quickly and smear it around leaving a greasy look.