PDA

View Full Version : XMT great for this newbie!!!!!!

pricha00
10-07-2007, 09:47 PM
I ordered a UDM with a polish and compound that shall remain nameless. I am working on a black vehicle so swirls are real easy to see in the right light. I was unhappy with the results. No real swirl removal at all and the polish took forever to break down. I should have read a little more of these forums before I laid down the cash. Oh well live and learn. So being on vacation in Florida gave me a great opportunity to acquire some polish not available locally. Yes I ordered the Intermediate XMT swirl removal kit and WOW what a difference. I am not spending 15 minutes waiting for the polish to start dusting and what a difference in the results. No pressure on the machine at all and a nice slow overlapping motion and I am seeing results. I wish I had started to polish in the morning but my wife had the vehicle so I had to wait until almost 7:30 to wash and start polishing. Only got the hood and front fender done but I can't wait to finish the whole truck now. Anyone with no experience like me can take this as a big thumbs up from me for these polishes.

Pat.

dontsleeponit
10-07-2007, 09:54 PM
im guessing the nameless polish and compound you are referring to is optimum... what do I win?:D

why not say what it was, your not gonna hurt anyones feelings

budman3
10-07-2007, 10:02 PM
If it was the Optimum polish and compund, they are actually designed for rotary usage. I have tried them with my PC but got cruddy results. They didn't do all that much correcting and were very very oily and difficult to remove. But using a rotary, they are great because they don't dry up (the oils) and the results are great.

The XMT and Poorboy's SSRs are two lines of polishes that excel with PC / UDM usage. I can't say for certain whether they were made for orbital machines or not, but this is where you'll get the best results. Easy to use and easy to remove. They both do require a little bit different techniques but find something that works for you and use it often :).

D
10-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Please post what polish/ compound didnt work for you. This thread doesnt benefit anyone otherwise.

pricha00
10-07-2007, 10:23 PM
See reply #1.....we have a winner!!!!!

Pat.

D
10-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I dont really like it either. I bought it because I thought it would make a nice back up for Menzerna. But it didnt and Im ready to get rid of it.