PDA

View Full Version : Best wheel cleaner out there?

Pages : [1] 2

EVOlved
03-17-2016, 09:51 AM
I have been absent for quite a bit now. And have run out of my usual Sonax. So I am wondering if anything new has come out that trumps it by a fair amount. All feedback appreciated.

TIA

asianisafish
03-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Megs wheel brightener

Jaretr1
03-17-2016, 01:24 PM
I have been absent for quite a bit now. And have run out of my usual Sonax. So I am wondering if anything new has come out that trumps it by a fair amount. All feedback appreciated.

TIA

As long as you use a brush, this is a good one and relatively inexpensive:

McKee's 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/dp370.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/99375-review-mckee-s-37-multiple-products.html

Did a fine job cleaning these wheels.

fly07sti
03-17-2016, 03:24 PM

TIA

Good to see you back Seth. Are you looking for something only for the Evo?

Ebg18t
03-17-2016, 04:21 PM
There is no best.

There are a ton of quality options.

I like Sonax Full Effect

Many like the Meguires Wheel Brightener, some like Dub.

Others like P21S

7.3powerstroke
03-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Anyone know if Brown Royal is good?

EVOlved
03-17-2016, 11:21 PM
Good to see you back Seth. Are you looking for something only for the Evo?

Hey Don!! Glad to see your still around and yes it's for the Evo and wifeys car. I am going to be making the trip to detail fest so figured I might pick something up there. But if there is a better option I am open. And got a new job, that's why I disappeared doing well though. You know I still haven't used any of your stuff.

EVOlved
03-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Megs wheel brightener

There is no best.

There are a ton of quality options.

I like Sonax Full Effect

Many like the Meguires Wheel Brightener, some like Dub.

Others like P21S

I maintain my wheels well enough I don't think that I need something quit as acidic as wheel brightener, thanks though for taking your time to respond.

As long as you use a brush, this is a good one and relatively inexpensive:

McKee's 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/dp370.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/99375-review-mckee-s-37-multiple-products.html

Did a fine job cleaning these wheels.

I do always brush, I have continually used an EZ brush, boars hair detail brush, and a bigger boars hair brush (I spend way to much time on wheels). I have a set of wheel woolies that I bought over a year ago the I haven't even used lol. But it does look like you got some good results there I'll check into it.

dcjredline
03-18-2016, 12:57 AM
What up man! Long time no see!!!

For a well taken care of wheel I would personally use the Meguiar's Non-Acid wheel and tire cleaner. Dilute it 7:1ish...works awesome on tires too (As the label states)

PiPUK
03-18-2016, 05:29 AM
As others have said, the question cannot be answered. There probably are 'best' products but they are best at a certain thing. For instance, if you want the most effective product, no questions asked, you need a hydrofluoric acid based product (a bit like wheel brightener, but stronger). However, it will be far from mild on your vehicle and it is extremely dangerous. Likewise, if you want a product to bleed, there are certainly some products which are better than others but you shouldn't think that they give a clean like a strong HF product.

EVOlved
03-18-2016, 06:12 AM
As others have said, the question cannot be answered. There probably are 'best' products but they are best at a certain thing. For instance, if you want the most effective product, no questions asked, you need a hydrofluoric acid based product (a bit like wheel brightener, but stronger). However, it will be far from mild on your vehicle and it is extremely dangerous. Likewise, if you want a product to bleed, there are certainly some products which are better than others but you shouldn't think that they give a clean like a strong HF product.

Yes I understand it was poor wording. I should have said what is your favorite wheel cleaner. And like previously mentioned I don't need anything to dangerous to clean my wheels. I'm sure all of it is to some degree.

EVOlved
03-18-2016, 07:22 AM
What up man! Long time no see!!!

For a well taken care of wheel I would personally use the Meguiar's Non-Acid wheel and tire cleaner. Dilute it 7:1ish...works awesome on tires too (As the label states)

I do remember thinking about this one previously as I do like all of the detailers line that I have used thus far. Good to see you as well.

Desertnate
03-18-2016, 07:26 AM
I like Mothers Foaming Wheel and Tire Cleaner.

Mothers Mothers Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mo05924.html)

It works well without being too harsh, inexpensive, and can be found almost everywhere.

briarpatch
03-18-2016, 08:53 AM
I've used a few......recently tried Diablo Wheel Gel from Chemical Guys. It is a decent product, but not really any better than Meguiars Hot Rims. Once the diablo runs out, I'll be trying the Einszett Colour Tec.

Setec Astronomy
03-18-2016, 09:04 AM
Likewise, if you want a product to bleed, there are certainly some products which are better than others but you shouldn't think that they give a clean like a strong HF product.

What about some of the non-HF/ABF acid wheel cleaners? Although those seem to be a dying breed with the popularity of the iron-eating cleaners. Meguiar's used to have a variety of other acids across their lines, but I think they may only have a citric acid left (if they even still sell that). I use a brand not sold here that has citric and dicarboxylic acids, but it appears that isn't being sold anymore, either.