PDA

View Full Version : Montana Boars Hair brush keeps marring the paint on my cars.

Pages : [1] 2

Buff-N-Glo
03-17-2016, 07:59 AM
I just bought a 120 dollar boars hair brush and after I get done drying off my personal vehicles I notice swirl marks that weren't there before. Does anyone else use this brush? I am very very dissapointed to say the least.

I am so thankful I have not tried using this on my customers cars yet.

KneeDragr
03-17-2016, 09:16 AM
I had to do a search to see what you were talking about, but just looking at that thing there is no way in hell I would touch my paint with it.

Cabrio
03-17-2016, 09:37 AM
I just looked it up as well. Are we talking about the "wash brush"?

Desertnate
03-17-2016, 09:40 AM
I had to do a search to see what you were talking about, but just looking at that thing there is no way in hell I would touch my paint with it.

I tend to agree.

I only use a really soft wash brush on a pole on the roof of our SUV. I know it causes swirls, but no one can see them and there are a couple spots which are really hard to reach. There is no way I'd use a brush on any surface that is visible or within reach of a MF wash mitt.

Buff-N-Glo
03-17-2016, 10:12 AM
I just looked it up as well. Are we talking about the "wash brush"?

Yes we are.

And this is after I read a reputable review about the brush. It makes me think the guy who did the review works for the same damn company!

KneeDragr
03-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Yes we are.

And this is after I read a reputable review about the brush. It makes me think the guy who did the review works for the same damn company!

Yeah you have to be careful, there are a lot of internet reviews that are either posted by 'friends' of the company, or people that get free products in exchange for good reviews.

Before I try something new, I always check out Amazon reviews. Sure their might be a few fake ones, but if the product is junk there will be a ton of verified purchasers saying so.

Cabrio
03-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Yes we are.

Awe man - I'm sorry to hear about this. Very frustrating. How bad is it?

Mantilgh
03-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Do you allow the brush to soak in your wash bucket for a little? That is supposed to help them soften up some before use.

Are you sure the swirls are not coming from how you are drying?

AGOatemywallet
03-17-2016, 12:07 PM
Are you soaking the brush and using it lightly, so just the tips of the bristles are touching the vehicle?

Buff-N-Glo
03-17-2016, 06:38 PM
Are you soaking the brush and using it lightly, so just the tips of the bristles are touching the vehicle?

Yes I'm soaking the brush, when I use it I use medium pressure on the sides. But if that is too much pressure then this brush is worthless, because it would just be gliding over the dirt

FUNX650
03-17-2016, 08:40 PM
Boar's Hair Wash Brushes:

•Mike Phillips uses them, quite often;
-Here's one example of him doing so
when he first came to AGO:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/19988-respect.html

•For other AGO members' reviews...
Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum - Search Results (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=7442587)

-Here's a couple from "swanicyouth" (Steve):
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/65422-review-montana-10-boars-hair-brush-does-scratch.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/54020-montana-boars-hair-brush-_______.html

Bob

JRP
03-17-2016, 09:17 PM
I have been using Montana Original 10" Boar Hair Brush since July 2015.

I use it on Black VW, Silver Ford, Red Suzuki, Bronze Pontiac, and Grey Dodge without any issues.

I understand we are using different models but both have Boar hair.

I soak my brush for at least a half hour.

I do not scrub hard I have had no need. I use just the tips and large areas I overlap roughly 50/50

I will admit when making my choice which Montana Boar Hair brush to purchase and use I was reluctant to purchase the brush you are using.

I`m sorry you are having issues.

Buff-N-Glo
03-17-2016, 10:49 PM
I have been using Montana Original 10" Boar Hair Brush since July 2015.

I use it on Black VW, Silver Ford, Red Suzuki, Bronze Pontiac, and Grey Dodge without any issues.

I understand we are using different models but both have Boar hair.

I soak my brush for at least a half hour.

I do not scrub hard I have had no need. I use just the tips and large areas I overlap roughly 50/50

I will admit when making my choice which Montana Boar Hair brush to purchase and use I was reluctant to purchase the brush you are using.

I`m sorry you are having issues.

So you are saying that there are 2 kinds of boars hair brushes? The kind that mars the paint and the kind that doesn't???
Shouldn't all of them NOT mar the paint?

You would think that 120 dollars for a brush would end all your problems. But it looks like it's the start of all your problems!

JRP
03-18-2016, 12:48 AM
I am assuming you have the Tri-Angle brush.

I had read threads of users having marring or swirling issues.

Also I wanted the 10" brush that would fit in my 5 gallon buckets.

Pre-soaking brush and use of Meguiars Hyperwash for super lubrication is key for brush and mitt washing.

I never wash my cars if they are very dirty without first straight rinsing then a foam cannon soak and rinse.

I use DP Turbo Car Dryer after wash I can`t remember the last time I used waffle or microfiber to dry.

I have a friend who just recently bought the Tri-angle Boar Hair. He is super OCD with his cars and trucks and has had no issues.

raysanni
03-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Soak longer

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk