PDA

View Full Version : The fastest final polish

Pages : [1] 2

JonRC
03-16-2016, 11:19 PM
It seems like there are a ton of posts about what the best final polish is based on the finish quality.

What do you think is the fastest final polish, something that you can work for as long or as little as you like with good results?

It should be ok to apply under the sun and it needs to be able to take out light scratches/marring.

AGOatemywallet
03-16-2016, 11:29 PM
All of the polishes sold by AGO will perform as you describe.

wing commander
03-17-2016, 01:06 AM
It should be ok to apply under the sun .

Not all of the finishing polishes are sun friendly. Some even say work only on a cool to touch surface and avoid direct sunlight.

JonRC
03-17-2016, 06:46 AM
All of the polishes sold by AGO will perform as you describe.

Some need to be worked until they almost disappear .. for some thats 4 to 6 passes before they fully break down.

Im asking if there is something that can work in 1-2 passes that can still leave a perfect finish. Assuming the paint only needed 1-2 passes

AGOatemywallet
03-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Some need to be worked until they almost disappear .. for some thats 4 to 6 passes before they fully break down.

Im asking if there is something that can work in 1-2 passes that can still leave a perfect finish. Assuming the paint only needed 1-2 passes

You sound very knowledgeable

Is this a rhetorical question?

The real answer will be determined by your Test Spot, not an answer on this Forum.

Zubair
03-17-2016, 12:20 PM
Try Carpro Reflect

ski2
03-17-2016, 12:21 PM
It was my understanding that a DAT polish needs to be worked until it breaks down, but SMAT (non diminshing) polishes you just work as long as need be and you don't have to wait for them to break down.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-17-2016, 12:22 PM
HD Polish will be your best bet. Non diminishing abrasives, finishes fantastic, and works well in the sun. I can't say it'll always only take 1-2 section passes(it is possible), but it will be your best bet for the fastest and nicest finish.

JonRC
03-17-2016, 12:28 PM
You sound very knowledgeable

Is this a rhetorical question?

The real answer will be determined by your Test Spot, not an answer on this Forum.

I've read a lot, but i'm a beginner at best. this was more of a poll on favorite quick polish, just looking for something to put on my next order. The only 2 polishes i've ever used took a while to work in.

I thought some expert detailers would chime in on products that they use when car looks pretty good and they just need something quick to take it to the next level before they LSP. time is money

JonRC
03-17-2016, 12:55 PM
HD Polish will be your best bet. Non diminishing abrasives, finishes fantastic, and works well in the sun. I can't say it'll always only take 1-2 section passes(it is possible), but it will be your best bet for the fastest and nicest finish.

I was at Megaweelz carshow in toronto the other day and completely ignored the HD booth :(, ive read some pretty great things about there polishes over the last few days. the prices seem good too.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-17-2016, 12:58 PM
I was at Megaweelz carshow in toronto the other day and completely ignored the HD booth :(, ive read some pretty great things about there polishes over the last few days. the prices seem good too.

Doh! It's a great finishing polish. I love it because you don't have to break down the abrasives. M205 is the same way, but doesn't finish well on soft paint for me, HD does.

If you want a sample, PM me your address.

vobro
03-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Optimum Hyper Polish is another fast result polish. Although if I was just gonna do 1-2 passes I'd probably wouldn't even bother, better off letting any product to be worked to get the most out of it

silverfox
03-17-2016, 01:36 PM
HD polish.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-17-2016, 01:41 PM
HD polish.
Boom! :dblthumb2:

RaskyR1
03-17-2016, 01:52 PM

^^^This. 1-2 section passes isn't giving a product very much time to refine the paint. Obviously it will depend on the arm speed used for each pass and how much refinement is initially required, but IME use should typically be doing more passes than that with any finishing polish.