PDA

View Full Version : Shurhold Pro polisher ??

Pages : [1] 2

Whitewater25
03-16-2016, 08:14 PM
I just saw an ad for a shurhold pro orbital long throw polisher that looks a lot like a Rupes 21. Same throw with a 900 watt motor,20' power cord,lower start speed & a little more top speed. Looks like a nice machine. Anyone heard about or seen one of these machines?

oboroballa03
03-16-2016, 08:39 PM
I bought a shurhold da probably 3 years ago at a local auto zone and it has done a decent job for me. I'd say it would be a pretty good machine especially for the price i am seeing 200 bucks. My shurhold was my first ever da but i wanna upgrade at some point in time. Right now i just clean cars on the weekends for extra cash not enough time with a full time job.

ShurholdSam
03-17-2016, 05:56 AM
Obviously, I don't have a lot of presence on here. But let me chime in. We debuted this machine last summer and so far, the reviews have been positive. The detailers that pick this machine up are often surprised just how effective a "shurhold polisher" can be. Like you said Whitewater25, the stats are the key. 21mm orbit, 900 watt motor. It's a powerful tool.

Whitewater25
03-17-2016, 07:55 AM
ShurholdSam,can you tell me where this machine is made?

WRAPT C5Z06
03-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Obviously, I don't have a lot of presence on here. But let me chime in. We debuted this machine last summer and so far, the reviews have been positive. The detailers that pick this machine up are often surprised just how effective a "shurhold polisher" can be. Like you said Whitewater25, the stats are the key. 21mm orbit, 900 watt motor. It's a powerful tool.
Can a 5" backing plate be used?

TTQ B4U
03-17-2016, 09:22 AM
I bought a shurhold da probably 3 years ago at a local auto zone and it has done a decent job for me. I'd say it would be a pretty good machine especially for the price i am seeing 200 bucks. My shurhold was my first ever da but i wanna upgrade at some point in time. Right now i just clean cars on the weekends for extra cash not enough time with a full time job.

^^ this. Mine came from autozone and am very happy with it.

ShurholdSam
03-17-2016, 07:10 PM
ShurholdSam,can you tell me where this machine is made?

China. That said, we offer a 1 year warranty and a excellent refurbish policy past that point. Don't sweat the quality, we couldn't afford it if these were coming back to us every day.

ShurholdSam
03-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Can a 5" backing plate be used?

No reason why you can't.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-17-2016, 08:50 PM
No reason why you can't.

The other 5" long throw polishers have the same mounting tab on the backing plate? I didn't see a 5" backing plate offered from shurhold.

ShurholdSam
03-17-2016, 09:34 PM
The other 5" long throw polishers have the same mounting tab on the backing plate? I didn't see a 5" backing plate offered from shurhold.

I should clarify. Shurhold doesn't (currently) offer another backing plate for the Dual Action Polisher Pro. The backing plate is easily removed with an allen wrench provided with the machine. I'll grab pictures tomorrow so you can see exactly what the backing plate looks like, ensuring your 5 inch pad of choice will fit.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-17-2016, 10:30 PM
I should clarify. Shurhold doesn't (currently) offer another backing plate for the Dual Action Polisher Pro. The backing plate is easily removed with an allen wrench provided with the machine. I'll grab pictures tomorrow so you can see exactly what the backing plate looks like, ensuring your 5 inch pad of choice will fit.

Thanks!

custmsprty
03-17-2016, 11:09 PM
China. That said, we offer a 1 year warranty and a excellent refurbish policy past that point. Don't sweat the quality, we couldn't afford it if these were coming back to us every day.

Just curious, does Autogeek carry the Shurhold polisher?

VISITOR
03-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Just curious, does Autogeek carry the Shurhold polisher?

not the one talked about in this particular thread, but AG carries this one...
Shurhold Dual Action Polisher, random orbital polisher, boat buffer (http://www.autogeek.net/shurhold-dual-action-polisher.html)

java
03-18-2016, 06:13 AM
It kind of looks like DAS 6 PRO, if it is it should be a nice machine.

ShurholdSam
03-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Here is the picture of the backing plate