PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Wheel Polishing Air Tool?

Ballistic
03-16-2016, 01:44 PM
What are your go to tools when you polish Chrome wheels and tips? What Polish Products?

Got some American Force Wheels to polish and exhaust tips.

I have Rupes TA50 and a few Air grinders that i believe i can put a backing on for a different pad.

Also is wool good to start off with our is microfiber just as good now a days?

Thanks!

asianisafish
03-16-2016, 02:38 PM
Chrome ? Or aluminum wheels polished to chrome?

When I polish aluminum to look like chrome I use chemical guys metal polish on mothers PowerBall on a drill

forrest@mothers
03-16-2016, 04:02 PM
Please don't use one of my PowerBalls on an air tool - they're made for use with a cordless drill.

Ballistic
03-16-2016, 11:49 PM
Chrome ? Or aluminum wheels polished to chrome?

When I polish aluminum to look like chrome I use chemical guys metal polish on mothers PowerBall on a drill

They are aluminum.

57BORNTORUN
03-17-2016, 10:01 AM
Please don't use one of my PowerBalls on an air tool - they're made for use with a cordless drill.
Looks like I`ve broken your rules again Forrest.Can`t get enough RPM`s out of a drill.I modified your shaft for the angle grinder and put a regulator on the air hose.Alumn. polishing needs a little heat to speed the process.Feel free to scald me at Detail Fest, Forrest. Tim.

asianisafish
03-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Powerball and metal polish and go to town

Ballistic
03-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Whats your favorite metal polish brand?

I have thought about ordering the chemical guys metal polish.

asianisafish
03-17-2016, 06:42 PM
I use chemical guys metal polish. Works very good. Never had a problem with it. It's affordable too! I can't justify buying the other metal polishes that are easily double it's cost

Ballistic
03-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Ordered a bottle of the Chemical guys heavy metal polish.

I already have both of Adams Metal Polishes. But i feel Adams is more to maintain.

asianisafish
03-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Heavy metal polish is extremely effective on oxidized aluminum

Ballistic
03-18-2016, 12:56 PM
Sweet, I bought Adams 4” Cordless Drill Backing Plate (http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators/adam-s-4-foam-metal-polishing-pad.html) & 4" Foam Metal Polishing Pad (http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators/adam-s-4-foam-metal-polishing-pad.html)

I may try and get that backing plate to work on one of my Air grinders.. If not wonder how well my Rupes TA50 would work with a microfiber pad.

anzael
05-04-2016, 03:40 AM
Powerball and metal polish