PDA

View Full Version : Correct steps

OIF Vet
10-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I just wanted to make sure that I have the correct steps before I started my project.

Wash
Clay
Wash
Poor Boys SSR 2.5 with the CCS orange pad
Poor Boys SSR 1 with the CCS white pad
Glaze with the CCS black pad
Seal with the CCS Blue pad
Wax with the CCS Blue pad
All applications will be removed by hand

If I missed anything or I need to change something, please let me know. Thanks.

Rob

D
10-07-2007, 09:34 PM
What glaze and sealant are you using? Usually, a sealant wont bond to a glaze.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
I've never had the need to wash again after clay..I use a lot of ONR as the lube and the finish is clean as a whistle when I'm done!

budman3
10-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Also to add to the above, once you apply a sealant or wax to the paint, it isn't a good idea to add another layer using the PC. The PC and even a finishing pad can be detrimental to the previous protection that you have laid down previously. Applying the wax by hand is much better for the sealant / wax below it.

SSR1 will leave you with a nice finish and probably won't require anything before the sealant unless it were PB polish w/ sealant or PB polish w/ carnauba, but even then it is somewhat overkill (so is the wash after clay). With the SSR1, turn your PC / UDM (assuming this is what you are using ... ) up to speed 6 right before you are going to remove the product. This'll increase the shine :).

Russecu
10-08-2007, 07:01 AM
You will be good to use your glaze before the sealant. It works fine with a sealant. Now go get that truck looking better than new.