PDA

View Full Version : Electric Pressure Washer GFCI

NoleFan
03-16-2016, 09:05 AM
I haven't used my little cheapo pressure washer since I have moved into our new house. I think somewhere in the move, the GFCI plug got thrown around a little bit, as the unit won't turn on.

Is there any harm in replacing the GFCI plug with a standard 3-prong as long as the house outlet is GFCI? Im the MAN

markm
03-16-2016, 12:05 PM
You should be fine as long as you have ground fault protection in the circuit. You can buy a portable GFI inline adapter too.

NoleFan
03-16-2016, 12:28 PM
You should be fine as long as you have ground fault protection in the circuit. You can buy a portable GFI inline adapter too.

I have seen those too, but figured I would hold off and confirm that was the issue first.

Thanks!

markm
03-16-2016, 01:18 PM
I have my spare PW with just a grounded plug due to GF failure.

BillE
03-17-2016, 07:19 AM
As stated above...just (for safety sake) have the GFCI somewhere on the circuit you're using.

No need to temp fate.

Bill

Angus
03-17-2016, 08:18 AM
I'd just replace the GFCI plug with a new one and be done with it. Not sure what machine you're using but you may be able to pick up a replacement GFCI from OEM's site. For example, AR Blue sells replacements for $20:

Pressure Washer GFCI Replacement Plug | AR Blue Clean (http://www.arblueclean.com/Products/gfci-replacement-plug-104.cfm)