PDA

View Full Version : Finally Broke Out The BOSS

cyclops
03-15-2016, 10:07 PM
Weekend warrior here, used a Porter Cable 7424 for years, nice machine no complaints. Well finally decided to move up, after some research picked up a Griot's G15.

Offered to break it in on my friends Tacoma, 5 years of machine washes never seen the inside of a garage so needed some TLC. Just for kicks decided to use the PC with orange/white flat Lake County pads and the Griots with white/yellow Griots pads, doing a side by side to see the difference. Used up some full bottles of Meguiar's 105/205 I had laying around. The Griots was smoother faster and such a pleasure to use. What really suppressed me was how little dust the BOSS kicked up with the 105 compared to the PC. I'm talking a real difference! Really wish I had taken pics of the whole process, especially the difference in dusting.

Needless to say after we each had a chance doing a comparison the PC was put away, just wonder why it took so long to move up.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Weekend warrior here, used a Porter Cable 7424 for years, nice machine no complaints. Well finally decided to move up, after some research picked up a Griot's G15.

Offered to break it in on my friends Tacoma, 5 years of machine washes never seen the inside of a garage so needed some TLC. Just for kicks decided to use the PC with orange/white flat Lake County pads and the Griots with white/yellow Griots pads, doing a side by side to see the difference. Used up some full bottles of Meguiar's 105/205 I had laying around. The Griots was smoother faster and such a pleasure to use. What really suppressed me was how little dust the BOSS kicked up with the 105 compared to the PC. I'm talking a real difference! Really wish I had taken pics of the whole process, especially the difference in dusting.

Needless to say after we each had a chance doing a comparison the PC was put away, just wonder why it took so long to move up.

Congrats on the upgrade, it's a great feeling getting a new machine.

And the Boss machines are really nice.

Ya it is a night and day difference in working with a upgraded machine, and no need to worry about pics, this is the first of many!

And you will only get better as the more cars you do.

I highly recommend trying the Boss creams they are really elite polishes, and you said you was impressed with the little dusting ?

The Boss creams don't dust at all, long work time, easy wipe off, and have a great scent.

Check out the review I did on the Boss system on a really bad black zr1 I did.

Congrats on your machine, and if you ever have any questions about it , don't be afraid to shoot me a PM.

Happy polishing

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99475

There's a link to the thread

cyclops
03-15-2016, 11:05 PM
Joe nice review and great job on the ZR1. Yep like anything else will improve over time.

1mic
04-06-2016, 12:32 PM
No pics?
Would love to see the results, before and after.

ronkh57
04-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Suggestion:

Get a 3" backing plate for PC. Then ya got a machine for tight places and a wax spreader as well.

VISITOR
04-06-2016, 02:26 PM
The Griots was smoother faster and such a pleasure to use.

http://rlv.zcache.com/thumbs_up_sign_emoji_classic_round_sticker-r7eae52d024bc432eac29460520cf2e68_v9waf_8byvr_324. jpg

coles_paint_correction
05-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Congrats man, myself just picked up a g21 griots and am excited aswell to use. After much debate i finally have something lol.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
05-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Congrats man, myself just picked up a g21 griots and am excited aswell to use. After much debate i finally have something lol.

Congrats if you ever have any questions about the boss system, pads,creams,machine pm me anytime

VISITOR
05-15-2016, 08:30 PM
just picked up a g21 griots and am excited as well to use.

http://rlv.zcache.com/thumbs_up_sign_emoji_classic_round_sticker-r7eae52d024bc432eac29460520cf2e68_v9waf_8byvr_324. jpg

C24O
07-05-2016, 05:01 PM

I used my G15 for the first time this weekend...I would echo your comments darn near exactly! So smooth over the PC and a LOT quieter. Made quick work of defects and swirls that the PC would have struggled with. I went with the Griots Fast MF pads D303 and finished with Megs MF Finishing Discs and their finishing wax. The before and after is just after the D303 correction.

Only complaint I had was the heat...the G15 seemed to get really hot and stay hot. Did you notice that at all with yours? I ended up putting it down and in front of a fan after each section pass to keep it cool.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
07-05-2016, 05:27 PM
I used my G15 for the first time this weekend...I would echo your comments darn near exactly! So smooth over the PC and a LOT quieter. Made quick work of defects and swirls that the PC would have struggled with. I went with the Griots Fast MF pads D303 and finished with Megs MF Finishing Discs and their finishing wax. The before and after is just after the D303 correction.

Only complaint I had was the heat...the G15 seemed to get really hot and stay hot. Did you notice that at all with yours? I ended up putting it down and in front of a fan after each section pass to keep it cool.

Not supposed to get that hot, infact the boss polishers stay really cool due to the 900w motor.

It was stress tested to stay on for like a week and the hottest temp it got to was 93° that was under no load of course.

There's something wrong if your machine was getting that hot.