PDA

View Full Version : Surf City Dash Away Review

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Product: Surf City Dash Away

I tried surf city dash away on all hard interior trim pieces of a vehicle this Saturday and in my opinion it is a great dressing for those that either personally like or have customers that like a matte finish….I obviously cannot yet comment on durability

Packaging: label design is great, it screams “car guy” with an interior shot of an old bel air looking just perfect!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/jdp0845/100_3549.jpg

Spray Bottle: One thing I like about the SC spray products is that they give really healthy sprays per pump. You really can do a lot with ½ a spray… It makes it nice for big areas where you can just do one sweeping spray instead of 2..

Label Instructions: The instructions are straight and to the point, product worked exactly as stated. It’s always nice to see a money back product guarantee on products as well.

Smell: It has a real masculine smell, the smell and the initial “car guy” feel of the packaging are very well coupled.

I intentionally got a bit of overspray on the windshield to see how difficult it would be to come off and it was no problem.

Comments, questions always welcome

One before 2 afters
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/jdp0845/Dashds1.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/jdp0845/Interior21.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/jdp0845/Interior22.jpg

klumzypinoy
10-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Nice review! So is this a protectant, or a cleaner, or both?

zaxjax
10-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the review! How does it compare to other products you have used?

Tonya
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Nice review thanks for sharing!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Nice review! So is this a protectant, or a cleaner, or both?

Hey Klumzy... I was wondering the same thing, here's the reply I recieved:

Dash Away is a cleaner for the entire interior – it works on all surfaces: plastic, vinyl, leather and carpet. It is great at spot removal on seats, carpets, etc. It also protects against UVA and UVB. It protects as it cleans.

We also have UV protectants in Beyond Black Tire Pro and in some other products, such as Speed Demon. Hot Rod Protective Detailer is the strongest UV Protectant (A and B) that we have – its Micron Adhesion Technology binds the protectants, so they stay on and last for a long time.

Thanks for the review! How does it compare to other products you have used?

I only see a minimal difference when compared to my go to 303 - only a tad more matte.... It is a bit more cost effective as well...

Nice review thanks for sharing!

Hope it helped

klumzypinoy
10-09-2007, 03:29 AM
I woulda thought it has some protection :) it seems they don't have a separate interior protectant.. Thanks for the info MotorCity!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM
I woulda thought it has some protection :) it seems they don't have a separate interior protectant.. Thanks for the info MotorCity!

Of course bud... that's the cool thing about new line, trying the stuff out and puttinga review out there for all to read and decide if they want to give it a try...

Hope this review helps those that may be considering a new interior cleaner/protectant!

mixxer
10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
i just used this on a coffee stain a week old on a floor mat in my wifes car and it worked perfectly!

Jimmie
10-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Don't know how I missed this one. Thanks for the review MotorCity. It looks like it's good at cleaning and protecting.

BetaB
10-14-2007, 10:27 AM
santa cruz is the real surf city....sorry, just had to throw that one in there :D

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-14-2007, 10:34 AM
i just used this on a coffee stain a week old on a floor mat in my wifes car and it worked perfectly!

I actually came across a stain in my carpet that my son did with a chocolate chip in the carpet..It had to have been there for at least 5 days..dash away got it right out..impressive

Don't know how I missed this one. Thanks for the review MotorCity. It looks like it's good at cleaning and protecting.

Jimmie, the more I use it the more I like it..I used it for a full interior that had chrome plated handles and it came out great no streaking.

santa cruz is the real surf city....sorry, just had to throw that one in there :D

Ha

jrc4ever
05-09-2010, 03:22 PM
when will AG offer it?

Lasthope05
05-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow, talk about bringing something back from the dead...

To answer your question though, AG did at one point carry the line but dropped it. Surf City Garage products are now available OTC at your local Pepboys.

Stittville Ed
05-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Stopped at PEP Boys the other day and the Dash Away was the only Surf City product they didn't have.