PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Trap what do you thinkl?

spitshine1
03-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Chemical Guys Dirt Trap vs Grit Guard.

Anybody have ideas about the new Dirt Trap?
The ideas make a lot of sense.

Mike@ShineStruck
03-15-2016, 07:46 PM
Depends on the debri in the water bucket..
If the debri is tiny it's be better trapped within the cyclone dirt trap...if it's too big, it'll stay stuck above the dirt trap...better off with grit guard

Now if you wanted
Install both, leaving grit guard on top.. For your rinse bucket only..as I find sometimes with just one guard my wash bucket gets low to the guard

Cabrio
03-15-2016, 07:59 PM
Depends on the debri in the water bucket..
If the debri is tiny it's be better trapped within the cyclone dirt trap...if it's too big, it'll stay stuck above the dirt trap...better off with grit guard

Now if you wanted
Install both, leaving grit guard on top.. For your rinse bucket only..as I find sometimes with just one guard my wash bucket gets low to the guard

That is a very interesting idea to do the combo.
The one concern that I see with the CG dirt trap is the pattern vs the conventional grit guard. When scrubbing your mit across the grit guard the pattern (many continuous ridges) ensures that you are able to "scrape" the surface area of your mit. With the CG design because the pattern is filled with circular holes, there are flat spots between the holes. Even by scrapping your mit a few times, there could be a chance that areas of your mit are not properly "cleaned". All it takes is one whoops and wallah - hello swirls.

Mike@ShineStruck
03-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Yeah another reason to layer the guards having the grit on top in your rinse

..Then just use w/e guard for your soap bucket

Setec Astronomy
03-15-2016, 08:10 PM
I think I'll take a Grit Guard Washboard if they would only start selling the thing. I'm thinking maybe it's going to be a Detail Fest release.

Cabrio
03-15-2016, 08:14 PM
Yeah another reason to layer the guards having the grit on top in your rinse

..Then just use w/e guard for your soap bucket

It's funny - I've always heard about the double grit guard method and thought it was overkill but not until now have I really understood the "insurance" value.

spitshine1
03-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Great idea, using both Guards!.

svilleneuve
03-16-2016, 01:19 PM
+1 on using both Guards!.

sekharsomu
03-18-2016, 01:25 AM
i have order this new dirt traps i will be receiving them next week once i wash my car i will post the results to this thread might take a week to 10 days though

Cabrio
03-18-2016, 02:07 AM
i have order this new dirt traps i will be receiving them next week once i wash my car i will post the results to this thread might take a week to 10 days though

Hey sekharsomu - great to hear from you. Getting a review would be great.