PDA

View Full Version : My "beater" test car:-)

dengood1
06-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Point A to point B....that's it:o. It's ok for a daily beater:D Goin' car shopping soon:righton: . Still gotta work on the black trim.

Poorboys 2.5 orange pad, PB 1 grey finishing pad, 2 coats of Max Wax (which rocks BTW).

Folks, you can't beat Max Wax for the price right now($14.99--half price!). It smells exactly like Souveran, goes on and comes off like Souveran, shines excellent. I was highly impressed with it after using it today. Anyhow, don't drive one of these unless you have to;) Hey, it's paid for!

Reddwarf
06-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Looks great! That shine is sure to help you sell it. Have you tried natty's blue? if so, how does it compare to the DP Max Wax?

dengood1
06-24-2006, 07:43 AM
I haven't tried Natty's yet, but all I hear is good things. Anyone want to donate a tub:-) AG broke me!

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 11:11 AM
LOL It does look great and people have said that a well detailed car brings in a lot more money when selling. Good luck with that. What cars are you considering on in the near future?

dengood1
06-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Here's what I would like to get maybe by the end of the year. I love this car-----sporty, roomy, decent horsepower, and it's well made.

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 12:46 PM
TL is nice. I am a fan of the hands free voice activated navigation system and the bluetooth for your cell phone. Trying to make driving as distracting free as possible. I'm pretty sure there isn't even a lot of torque steer, with the 270 hp and fwd. Nice car, I wish I could get one. What color are you looking at?

dengood1
06-24-2006, 12:49 PM
I hope I'm able to as well....we'll see. I kind of like not having a car payment....social status isn't that important to me at this point in the game. The Taurus runs great, drives great, and is paid off! I might just keep it a few more years and save what I have been making in payments.

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Having no debt on a car is the best thing you can do. Why spend all this money on a car when all it does is go down in value? (most cars do this) If anything, buy used for a car that is 3 years old or more. The biggest depreciation period is the first 3 years. Asian cars don't depreciate as rapidly though in general, so the TL isn't a bad choice.

dengood1
06-24-2006, 01:12 PM
:mad: I HATE debt! I hate owing, and owing, and owing........here's some for you, and you, and you, oh, and you, and you......haha......sucks! Try to stay out of debt if you can Abrcrom, while you're young! Save and invest! Too late for me:D

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the advice. Luckily I have parents who are also knowledgable about finances, and they have taught me well. If I play it smart, it should all work out. Now to find what I want to do with my life...

ScottB
06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Here's what I would like to get maybe by the end of the year. I love this car-----sporty, roomy, decent horsepower, and it's well made.

absolutely beautiful design and masculine looking , but why or why did they make it front wheel drive ?????? I have to go with the Infiniti line if I was looking for something in four doors.

And while I agree at getting your finances in order, and finding your employment first, I tend to disagree with used cars. Doesnt matter is US or import. After having my share, I have found the piece of mind of a warranty and the ability to secure additional transportation immediately without cost is likely worth the depreciation. You also dont know whos trouble you might be getting, as all cars are now mass produced. (I hear theres a couple decent cars from Louisana FLOODING the used market currently). I dont relish standing at the dealer, nor looking for a tow truck, and in most cases need to do nothing other than basic maintenance (oil/tires) ... so for me and my family I will continue to purchase new when possible.

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Well it all depends. If you can afford to buy new, it is probably the best way to go. That way you know the history and what not. If you are a little strapped for cash, I would definitely buy used to make the depreciation a little less of an impact. I'd rather have a used BETTER car, than a new cheaper and maybe "not so good" car. But everyone gets their choice, and who cares what other people do. Do what you want to do.