PDA

View Full Version : Griots PFM 16x16 for rinseless drying!!

yg1829
03-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone,

First let me say I'm sorry for not having any pics. I didn't plan on writing a review on these towels but I was that blown away I couldn't resist.

These towels brought me out of silence and I want to say thanks for everything I've learned on this forum. So on to the towel....

I have never liked big fluffy plush towels because they are to cumbersome and they just don't really work for me. WW drying towels scare me because I like to lightly wipe when I dry rinseless washes to avoid streakes.

I bought two packs of the 16x16 PFM towels figuring 4 towels should be enough. Well did I ever underestimate the PFM! I used a full 2 towels and only the last couple touch up passes with a third. This was just for getting some excess that ran out of the handles and mirrors. This was on a 2015 subaru outback.

What I love about using the smaller towel is I can use all 8 sides if folded in 4's. This makes me feel a little more comfortable in case I missed a little dirt during the wash. I've never experienced a small towel picking up and holding this much water.

I use 4 of the blue and grey shine and buff towels for my wash media and I leave them pretty wet.

I really felt organized and methodical doing this RW. Like I had just perfected my RW process. I should mention I used UWW+ for my RW and I felt no drag at all when drying.

I love buying new towels and I lm always looking for the next best towel. We'll now I want the glass and wax removal 9x9 PFM's

These PFM'S are truly in a class of their own. Great job griots.

I'm not the reviewing type so I hope this wasn't to painful to read but thanks for checking this out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

fly07sti
03-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Good to hear your positive experience. I have ordered some as well due to all the positive feedback on them.

BrutalNoodle
03-14-2016, 08:55 PM
I'm not too fond of large bath-size towels myself.

WW is a popular choice, but I just couldn't get the feel for it either. Excellent on glass, though.

Do you have any other 16x16 towels? Try soaking one and then wring it out, then finish off with a favorite drying towel. Sounds crazy, but this is my favorite drying method. Try it, you might be surprised. None of that pushing liquid around. A wet microfiber sucks those droplets right up.

I have all sorts of towels, including the expensive Microfiber Madness stuff, but a wrung out rolled edge (http://www.autogeek.net/green-rolled-edge-towels-3.html) + a dry one (or two) just works.

ps
I will pick these Griot's up. More towels is good.

yg1829
03-15-2016, 06:42 AM
Do you have any other 16x16 towels? Try soaking one and then wring it out, then finish off with a favorite drying towel. Sounds crazy, but this is my favorite drying method. Try it, you might be surprised. None of that pushing liquid around. A wet microfiber sucks those droplets right up.

I have a ton of 16x16's so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks. Problem is I'll have to pull myself away from these PFM'S to try it haha!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk