PDA

View Full Version : Chicago area

ejflanag
10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Any detailers here that live in chicago area around linkin park. Just moved here and the detailing sucks. No garage, no hose outlet and my vehicle sits on the streets.... LOL big change coming from the feilds of Ohio

Larry A
10-07-2007, 07:33 PM
If you live in Lincoln Park , you are lucky if you have a parking space.

ejflanag
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
ya unfortuently i have to find a new spot everyday. im lucky enough to have a road thats always got a few spots open. i still drive everday so i want to be able to keep my truck clean know of any waterless wash systems that are good....

Pauly6401
10-07-2007, 08:41 PM
In Chicago you are going to have to wash it eventually, just to take care of the winter salt!

ejflanag
10-08-2007, 01:34 PM
ya cant wait for that time of the year LOL any sugestions on a good waterless wash system

Pauly6401
10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I've never used any so I can't comment. Couldn't you at least take it to one of the coin op washes and hose it down, and then pull off to the side and do some of the rest (applying sealant, etc)?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
ya cant wait for that time of the year LOL any sugestions on a good waterless wash system

ONR all the way for our winters!!

I plan on making up a batch of ONR stronger than recomended for waterless wash, mixing some PB's Spray and Wipe with it, maybe 50/50 spraying my car down, hitting it with a PW and if it's warm enough - cover my hands with some warm knitt gloves, then put on industrial rubber gloves and do an ONR wash... if it's 40 or below I will skip the sceond part of this plan

littlemissGTO
10-08-2007, 03:54 PM
ONR all the way for our winters!!

I plan on making up a batch of ONR stronger than recomended for waterless wash, mixing some PB's Spray and Wipe with it, maybe 50/50 spraying my car down, hitting it with a PW and if it's warm enough - cover my hands with some warm knitt gloves, then put on industrial rubber gloves and do an ONR wash... if it's 40 or below I will skip the sceond part of this plan

Do send me your mixture rates. I'm sure I'm going to have to do something like this myself. Man I need a garage and a winter beater.

/end hijack