PDA

View Full Version : Co2 tank vs air compressor for cleaning.

SpeedyDetail
03-14-2016, 12:00 AM
for blowing out those small hard to reach cracks in seats and dashboard ..etc..

"Trinity Co2 Regulator Kit"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JVVW9HQ/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_200_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51sKReX3UWL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C93_&refRID=0875CSMERRW6VW9FKD82

My thoughts ,

A air compressor system is both loud and heavy. Then having to drag around a long hose. And probably around $200 not even including some sort of hose reel setup. Something like in the link I posted just seems more practible, it'll be lightweight and less stress to deal with, although I'd have to refill the tanks obviously.

I was thinking of getting this or something like this,

What are your Thoughts /concerns ? Anybody use this method?

Jhold87
03-14-2016, 12:42 AM
This is a really interesting idea. I already have paintball stuff so I have about 10 tank's I just wonder if it would last long enough to blow out a car.

SpeedyDetail
03-14-2016, 12:56 AM
This is a really interesting idea. I already have paintball stuff so I have about 10 tank's I just wonder if it would last long enough to blow out a car.

Hey thanks for the reply, yes that's also one of my concerns.. I've played paintball as well in the past and a 20oz tank lasts quite a while doesn't it ? And those bursts of air to shoot the paintballs vs a smaller stream of air coming out of an air nozzle..etc. Now i'm thinking it could handle a few cars if not more.

Edit: it also seems like u can adjust the air pressure on the thing.

oldmodman
03-14-2016, 04:00 AM
Rather than Co2 (which can come out as freezing mist) you might want to use Nitrogen.

I have a 3 foot high bottle that I used for blowing off camera equipment. It comes out totally dry and one bottle lasted me for over a year. Cost $22.00 to refill (exchange).

GSKR
03-14-2016, 05:28 AM
Your better off getting a metro sidekick with a modified nozzle.

BillE
03-14-2016, 07:05 AM
The think that would worry me is the 'cold' factor with either CO2 or N2.

If an area of 'plastic' were to be warm and it get hit with super cold...would/could the sudden contraction cause some damage?

Also, I'd be concerned about my accidentally spraying 'the other hand'...that hurts (been there done that)!

Bill