PDA

View Full Version : Will these products work for me?

ev_g35
03-13-2016, 10:40 PM
Alright, i own a black infiniti g35 and it needs some attention.

This is the product list im going with:

3D Pink Car Soap
meguiars smooth surface clay kit
pinnacle advanced swirl remover
klasse all in one polish
CG Butter wet wax

Will be using in that same order. Also along with those products will be these.

2 5.5 lc orange pad
2 5.5 lc white pads
2 5.5 lc red pads
CG nonsense cleaner
mothers wheel brush
meguiars X3002 washmit
da hook and loop 5" flexible backing plate

Will be using Harbor Freight Da polisher..

TTQ B4U
03-13-2016, 11:01 PM

This is the product list im going with:

3D Pink Car Soap
meguiars smooth surface clay kit
klasse all in one polish
CG Butter wet wax

Will be using in that same order.

Not sure if you're 100% but I'd ditch the butter wet wax as it's far from matching top coat to the Klasse Polish. Better options abound in the land of Carnauba Waxes. Just my opinion.

Also along with those products will be these.

2 5.5 lc orange pad
2 5.5 lc white pads
2 5.5 lc red pads
CG nonsense cleaner
mothers wheel brush
meguiars X3002 washmit
da hook and loop 5" flexible backing plate

Will be using Harbor Freight Da polisher..

I'd bump the qty of orange pads to 5 or 6. White pads too. You can likely get away with 4-5.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the results.

2011 Kona Blue
03-13-2016, 11:13 PM
Not sure if you're 100% but I'd ditch the butter wet wax as it's far from matching top coat to the Klasse Polish. Better options abound in the land of Carnauba Waxes. Just my opinion.

I'd bump the qty of orange pads to 5 or 6. White pads too. You can likely get away with 4-5.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Been using CG butter wet wax for a year now and love it. Not only do i use it on my personal cars but my customers cars and get great results. Easy on , easy off.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-13-2016, 11:32 PM
Been using CG butter wet wax for a year now and love it. Not only do i use it on my personal cars but my customers cars and get great results. Easy on , easy off.

Alot of people don't like CG here.

I too love butter wet wax, as it's a big money maker for me, I apply it when the cars are wet, so I skip a step and make more money.

Not too mention it gives a awesome shine on the older neglected cars I do.

It however doesn't give you the best protection, and you can find something that lasts longer, then I would top it with butter wet wax to get that nice wet look

TTQ B4U
03-13-2016, 11:47 PM

I too love butter wet wax, as it's a big money maker for me, I apply it when the cars are wet, so I skip a step and make more money.

It however doesn't give you the best protection, and you can find something that lasts longer, then I would top it with butter wet wax to get that nice wet look

Just to clarify, it's not that I don't like CG. I actually use several of their products. My point is as you noted, Butter Wet Wax just doesn't last and IMO isn't of the same Caliber as the polish he's using. Collinite #915 comes to mind but perhaps that's just me.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-13-2016, 11:51 PM
Just to clarify, it's not that I don't like CG. I actually use several of their products. My point is as you noted, Butter Wet Wax just doesn't last and IMO isn't of the same Caliber as the polish he's using. Collinite #915 comes to mind but perhaps that's just me.

I wasn't just referring to you, alot of people don't like chemical guys here.

I don't like there polishes.

But I think there cleaners,car soap, and waxes are pretty good.

2011 Kona Blue
03-14-2016, 01:25 AM

I can certainly respect that many people on here may not like CG. That's cool.

Mike Phillips
03-14-2016, 07:47 AM

What year?

Infinity made the huge mistake of trying to use self-healing paint for a few years and it's is one of the worst paint if not THE worst car paint ever invented.

If it's the self-healing paint the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover will work but do some testing too. You might have to finish out with an even LESS aggressive product to get to perfection if it is in fact the self-healing paint.

Read more here,

Swirls on '08 Infiniti G37s - Self-Healing Paint ? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/26609-swirls-08-infiniti-g37s-self-healing-paint.html)

:)

ev_g35
03-16-2016, 04:37 PM
What year?

Infinity made the huge mistake of trying to use self-healing paint for a few years and it's is one of the worst paint if not THE worst car paint ever invented.

If it's the self-healing paint the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover will work but do some testing too. You might have to finish out with an even LESS aggressive product to get to perfection if it is in fact the self-healing paint.

Read more here,

Swirls on '08 Infiniti G37s - Self-Healing Paint ? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/26609-swirls-08-infiniti-g37s-self-healing-paint.html)

:)

I took a look at the link my car is an 04 obsidian black. I looked under the hood and it said hard clear. Not sure will have to do more digging.