PDA

View Full Version : White caulk and bidnezz

NuthinFancy
03-13-2016, 04:57 PM
I got into a job doing a 5th wheel that was "supposed" to be a simple 1 step wash & wax. Once I got there, I found that the original roof sealant had been gone over with white silicone and not very neatly. The only thing I found to clean it was degreaser and a tooth brush. Even that wasn't perfect.
Questions:
1. Anything better/easier to do this?
2. Do you include roofs as a part of your foot price for a "simple" wash/wax?
3. Would cleaning caulk like this be part of your standard price-this stuff is everywhere- all seams. protrusions, windows. A lot is still original and smooth but doesn't cleanup with just cleaner/wax and brush.

FWIW, I'm just an old guy lookin to supplement ss. I'm looking to take over the world of rv detailing :)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/nuthinfancy_photos/caulk_zpsa2xoq3hy.jpg

Ebg18t
03-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Have you tried bleach or softscrub w/bleach? Might be easy to put softscrub on a magic eraser to clean the caulking.

Or Awesome (dollar general product)?

GSKR
03-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Have you tried bleach or softscrub w/bleach? Might be easy to put softscrub on a magic eraser to clean the caulking.

Or Awesome (dollar general product)?perfect advice,try keeping the side wet so nothing will etch or streak into the graphics as well

M Auto Spa
07-21-2016, 06:59 PM
I charge separate for roofs.
Wash and wax $12 per foot
I offer a 10-15 rinse of the roof for free.
If it's dirty and requires more attention. I charge $5 per linear foot.
Also I don't deal with dark and dirty caulking. 75% won't come clean.
Think about it like this. A standard wash is simple. Most newer RV don't have dark dirty caulking. So why would u charge someone that needed that extra work done the same as somebody that didn't need it. It all boils down to labor time.

dchristo
07-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Ive had good luck with amazing roll off for that kind of stuff

NuthinFancy
08-19-2016, 06:30 AM
When you all say per foot--do you mean like a 40' mh would be $480 or do you mean linear foot as a 40' mh might be 97' lineal footage?

I charge separate for roofs.
Wash and wax $12 per foot
I offer a 10-15 rinse of the roof for free.
If it's dirty and requires more attention. I charge $5 per linear foot.
Also I don't deal with dark and dirty caulking. 75% won't come clean.
Think about it like this. A standard wash is simple. Most newer RV don't have dark dirty caulking. So why would u charge someone that needed that extra work done the same as somebody that didn't need it. It all boils down to labor time.

Paul A.
08-19-2016, 09:01 AM
I try to keep it simple and charge an hourly rate. I would probably confer with the customer, point that out and ask what his/her expectations are. Then price accordingly.

dcjredline
08-19-2016, 09:04 AM
40 x per foot price.

I would say the black nasty caulk would be extra too. It rarely ever comes clean though so be sure to set expectations.