PDA

View Full Version : Quick dry powder on my 2nd detail

king air pilot
10-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Hello,

I purchased the menz pro kit and did my red Ford truck with great results. I finally did the wifes black jeep and noticed much quicker white powder as I used the first intensive polish. I cleaned the pads well with water and Dawn. I will admit I did not clay her jeep as it was very smooth (dont say anything) Any Idea why the first polish went to powder quicker? It looked great and I will post pics soon.

Cheers
Mike

scottgt
10-07-2007, 02:54 PM
temp can play a big part...paint surface also..how much polish you use...alot of things

king air pilot
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Scott,

it was about 15 degrees warmer and much more humid. Perhaps I should use a quick water mist when it is warmer on the pads.

Mike

alban61
10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Black cars love to absorb all that heat too. It's true, temp and humidity play a big role. Touch of Optimum Polish on that pad will also reduce the dusting.

scottgt
10-07-2007, 03:26 PM
misting the pads help, but sometimes it just so humid and hot that it really doesnt have to much effect..deff. the first few passes with a new pad mist the pad ..but after you get going you shouldnt have to much...are you doing this in direct sunlight?

bladerunner
10-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I did one side of my Town Car this weekend and noticed a lot more dusting this time. It was about 85ish out. At first, I started with the Intensive and worked it longer as this car hasn't seen polish in 8 years. Not much dusting this here though maybe because the paint was worse. Then I cleaned the paint with a pass of Megs Fine Cut cleaner to speed things up. I noticed the Intensive seemd to work down faster and dusted quicker.