PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 253 Tire Dressing Pics

AZpolisher15
03-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Happy with the DG 253 Tire and Rubber dressing. After it cures, there is no greasy feel whatsoever. Totally dry. Bet it will last weeks if it doesn't rain. Very resistant to dust. Makes my tires look like new.

PA DETAILER
03-13-2016, 04:09 AM
Looks like a well dressed tire to me. Thanks for the review.

LEDetailing
03-13-2016, 07:11 AM
That is exactly how I want my tires to look like after being dressed. I bought a can of aerosol Meguiar's last weekend and had to buff down the shine 2-3 times. I forgot that I hate shiny, greasy tires.

I will remember DG next time I make an AG order.

180sxqc
03-13-2016, 07:43 AM
I can vouch for this product also, it lasts at least three weeks if the tire was properly prepared

davidc
03-13-2016, 08:48 AM
Being 253 has Rain Repel it will last quite a while. Where I live the rain part is not much of a factor. The only thing I have found is if you use to much or re-apply with an ample amount still on the tire it will become glossy. I personally do not like shiny tires.

Dave

AZpolisher15
03-13-2016, 12:14 PM
Being 253 has Rain Repel it will last quite a while. Where I live the rain part is not much of a factor. The only thing I have found is if you use to much or re-apply with an ample amount still on the tire it will become glossy. I personally do not like shiny tires.

Dave

Yup, I agree- it will get glossy with too much. For example- if you apply it, then come back 5-10 mins later and apply another coat- it will get shiny and stay shiny (even though it's not wet or oily). It's like adding microscopically thin layers of plastic. As it gets built up it gets shinier.

AZpolisher15
03-13-2016, 12:18 PM
I find it is only necessary to add/reapply about once a month (after 2-3 washes, on average). At this rate I don't really see the build-up/shininess.

With that said- would I call it matte? No. But what little shine there is is not a greasy/oily shine. It's shiny in the way that a cured epoxy is shiny.

AZpolisher15
03-13-2016, 04:07 PM
FYI this stuff is MUCH nicer looking than some of those coatings I've been seeing people use. With a single coat, it really doesn't look like you have product on the tires- they just look new.