PDA

View Full Version : Must have products 2016

Pages : [1] 2

Calendyr
03-12-2016, 01:18 AM
Ok just need some suggestions on things to buy for my pre-season order.

The 3 things I am buying for sure are:
1. CarPro Essence
2. CarPro Reload
3. McKee's AIO Headlight Polish (Formelly Detailler Pro)

Now, I still have not decided on a Coating for this year. I am leaning towards McKee's Paint coating (formelly Detailler Pro)... but I am unsure. Has anyone used this product and can comment on it? 30$ for 4 ounces and it can do 4-5 vehicles. To me that is a great value. The protection is listed as 2 years so that puts it in the CQuartz and Opti-Gloss range but at a fraction of the price.

Any new products that you feel are must have?

I have all the needed products except a coating. So no need to recommend existing products from previous years.

This is business purposes btw.

Eldorado2k
03-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Are you buying the 250ml or 500ml bottle of Essence? I've heard there's a shelf life on this product. Is that true?

Calendyr
03-12-2016, 12:19 PM
I will order the largest size available. I don't know what the shelf life is but I would assume there is one since it contains a coating and these products are usually in a sealed container like a syringe to prevent contact of the product with air. Since Essence comes in a normal bottle, air must be curing the coating over time Inside the bottle.

Anyhow for me the problem with a smaller bottle would be that it usually takes 2 weeks to receive my orders from Autogeek being in Canada. I was hoping to order from E-Shine but they don't have what I need in stock... heck it's not even listed on their website :(

Just read a good review for McGee's coating... I think I will pull the trigger on that tomorrow.

StephenK
03-12-2016, 12:56 PM
McKee 37 Fast polish
McKee 37 Fast wax
Or
Griots correcting cream
Griots finishing sealant

Eldorado2k
03-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Griots correcting cream
Griots finishing sealant

So Correcting Cream over Fast Correcting Cream?

Personally, I'm looking forward to picking up some Fast Correcting Cream along with the Boss microfiber pads, that way, if and when I run into some super hard paint, I'll be prepared for it.

StephenK
03-12-2016, 01:43 PM
So Correcting Cream over Fast Correcting Cream?

Personally, I'm looking forward to picking up some Fast Correcting Cream along with the Boss microfiber pads, that way, if and when I run into some super hard paint, I'll be prepared for it.

With you going with Essence i chose correcting cream cause you will get more cut but can finish lsp ready. If there is any hazing from correction cream then the finishing sealant will take care of it plus leave protectiin as well.

If you already plan on getting fast correction cream then just get the whole pad and cream line up. You wont regret it. Yes i am on a huge Griots B.O.S.S. kick right now. Have used the system only a few times with my GG6 and i am blown away. Also check out the Mckee line. Used them on the 1940 Ford and got a bottle of fast polish i am playing with at work and really like it

silverfox
03-12-2016, 03:28 PM
The ones that get me from point A to B in the shortest time at the least cost.

Klasse Act
03-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash and to quote the one nerd from "Revenge of the Nerds"...."it's going to be a great year!"

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
03-12-2016, 04:15 PM
With you going with Essence i chose correcting cream cause you will get more cut but can finish lsp ready. If there is any hazing from correction cream then the finishing sealant will take care of it plus leave protectiin as well.

So are you saying you'd rather play it safe and deal with any possible hazing left by Correcting Cream with either Finishing Sealant or Essence rather than chance them not being able to remove the hazing left by Fast Correcting Cream?

StephenK
03-12-2016, 04:34 PM
So are you saying you'd rather play it safe and deal with any possible hazing left by Correcting Cream with either Finishing Sealant or Essence rather than chance them not being able to remove the hazing left by Fast Correcting Cream?

Yes I am. If you need more cut step up the aggressiveness of the pad. Correction Cream should still finish nice with more aggressive pad and if pad leaves any hazing Finishing Sealant should take care of it.

rlmccarty2000
03-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Essence is great stuff and a time saver. I believe it has a one year shelf life.

GSKR
03-12-2016, 04:56 PM
The ones that get me from point A to B in the shortest time at the least cost.yes sir I agree.

Eldorado2k
03-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Yes I am. If you need more cut step up the aggressiveness of the pad. Correction Cream should still finish nice with more aggressive pad and if pad leaves any hazing Finishing Sealant should take care of it.

Oh no.. I'm looking beyond getting caught in a maybe it'll work situation again... I've had it happen before. Take this paint for example:

The vertical panels were no sweat to correct, very minor swirls that just a Finishing pad and M205 was able to take care of... I thought I was breezing.

But once I got to the horizontal panels, I ran into the hardest paint known to man.

Ultimate Compound w/foam Cutting pad = fail
D300 w/microfiber cutting pad = fail
D300 w/microfiber Extra cutting pad = fail
I'm not sure if I had M100 back then, but if I did, it failed as well. I was using my HF DA and nothing would even begin to put a dent into the swirls on this paint. No matter how much pressure I applied even after a good 10 tries...

I ended up having to use Meguiars #7 as a last resort in order to fill my way to perfection.

Part of the reason I bought a 21mm polisher is to never get caught in that situation again. I've already got plenty of intermediate compounds & polishes. And I've got my sealant covered, I'm not looking to switch as far as that goes..

I'm looking for an absolute sledgehammer for those times when you run into hard paint from hell, and the Fast Correcting Cream w/the Boss Microfiber pads better be it or I'm gonna be p*****! Lmao.

StephenK
03-12-2016, 05:38 PM
The long throw will definitely do more than the HF DA. Not sure if you seen my review of the B.O.S.S. pads and creams but i used my GG6 B.O.S.S. white correction pad and fast correction cream then followed up with B.O.S.S. black finishing pad and finishing sealant and finished flawless. And that was in black Audi paint which is on the hard side. With you having a long throw you will be able to handle even harder paint.

Eldorado2k
03-12-2016, 05:46 PM
The long throw will definitely do more than the HF DA. Not sure if you seen my review of the B.O.S.S. pads and creams but i used my GG6 B.O.S.S. white correction pad and fast correction cream then followed up with B.O.S.S. black finishing pad and finishing sealant and finished flawless. And that was in black Audi paint which is on the hard side. With you having a long throw you will be able to handle even harder paint.

How'd the paint look after the 1st step on that perticular job? Any haze? How bad were the defects? How easy/or how hard was it to acheive full correction? Are you certain that perticular paint was really hard?
Btw, I'm not doubting, just curious.