PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Poorboy Black Hole

Swiss
03-12-2016, 12:40 AM
I am planning to buy the poorboys black hole to use on a 2010 Mercedes S550 because i dont want to polish it yet. I will be using GG6. I wanted to know before i buy.

1) What pad do i use with it? ( i have red)
2) What speed? And what arm speed?
3) Do i do 2x2 sections the whole car?
4) How much product do i put on the pad?
5) How many passes? Do i overlap?
6) Will a 16oz bottle be enough for the whole car?

Thank you

jamesboyy
03-12-2016, 01:50 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MYqhL6DrAPo

Look at this video it should give you all the information you need and yes one bottle will do many paintworks

Loach
03-12-2016, 02:02 AM
A finishing/finesse pad will be perfect, Black Hole has no abrasives so a Lake Country blue or red pad is what I use or a Buff and Shine black or red pad. You just want to make sure you get good coverage across the paint, I treat Black Hole like I'm applying a liquid wax with the GG6. So I put a few pea sized drops on the pad and spread across the section at speed 2-3 and go back over that section once more to ensure coverage and move on and reapply product to the pad when necessary. You can do the entire car and then come back to buff it off from the paint, it's going to be super easy to remove. So 2 passes for me, a medium arm speed as there's no abrasives to break down, check your work with a light source to ensure full coverage and enjoy the great gloss/depth and incredibly slick paint surface left behind! 16oz will give you many full applications, there's no need to apply it on thick.

Swiss
03-14-2016, 01:09 AM
Thank you guys

MarkD51
03-14-2016, 07:06 AM
I have a bottle that was given to me some time back, and it is a truly outstanding Glaze. About the easiest I've ever used, works very good even by hand application and does give a very nice look indeed.

Desertnate
03-14-2016, 07:32 AM
I am planning to buy the poorboys black hole to use on a 2010 Mercedes S550 because i dont want to polish it yet. I will be using GG6. I wanted to know before i buy.

1) What pad do i use with it? ( i have red)
2) What speed? And what arm speed?
3) Do i do 2x2 sections the whole car?
4) How much product do i put on the pad?
5) How many passes? Do i overlap?
6) Will a 16oz bottle be enough for the whole car?

Thank you

I've used it a few times and really like it. Here are my thoughts.

1) I used a Lake Country black finishing flat pad. Other brands similar pads should work too.
2) I had my DA on "4" and moved fairly slowly.
3) Yes
4) I used 3~4 pea sized drops per section
5) The instructions I found said to work the product until it starts to disappear. I found this to be key. If you only do a couple passes, it won't fill very well.
6) A 16oz bottle is enough for many cars. I believe I only used 1~1.5 oz for an entire VW GTI. I got two applications out of a 4oz sample bottle with some left over.

Sharply Dressed
03-14-2016, 07:52 AM
I used it twice by hand with a white pad. Great product. I'll use a darker pad next time as I can't get the white pad completely "white" again after soaking/cleaning.