PDA

View Full Version : Towel purchasing supplies for rinseless wash

deacno
03-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Looking to stock up on some towels to do a rinseless wash (ONR brand). Basically, the one bucket wash where you toss all the MF towels in with the soap solution and toss them aside once they become dirty. I'm new at this so I'm not sure what type of towel to use for drying. I plan on buying some of the eagle edgeless 16X16 which I think are double sided. Any idea how many towels are needed for a 4 door sedan mid-size? Basically, one pass (swipe) before switching to another clean side.

For drying, I'm inclined to go with a waffle weave, but don't know it you can get by with 1-2 waffle weaves for the total wash or is more needed?

thanks.

oc412
03-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Looking to stock up on some towels to do a rinseless wash (ONR brand). Basically, the one bucket wash where you toss all the MF towels in with the soap solution and toss them aside once they become dirty. I'm new at this so I'm not sure what type of towel to use for drying. I plan on buying some of the eagle edgeless 16X16 which I think are double sided. Any idea how many towels are needed for a 4 door sedan mid-size? Basically, one pass (swipe) before switching to another clean side.

For drying, I'm inclined to go with a waffle weave, but don't know it you can get by with 1-2 waffle weaves for the total wash or is more needed?

thanks.

I use eagle edgeless from TRC (the rag company) followed up with the platinum pluffle to dry. I also have some normal micro fibers I throw in my bucket for the wheels, door frames, trim ect. I don't use my eagle edgeless or platinum pluffles in areas they can pick up a lot of dirt. I use ONRWW so much along with CG V7. Can't say enough good things about both, esp the towels. I am very impressed with the platinum pluffles.

deacno
03-11-2016, 11:00 PM
I use eagle edgeless from TRC (the rag company) followed up with the platinum pluffle to dry. I also have some normal micro fibers I throw in my bucket for the wheels, door frames, trim ect. I don't use my eagle edgeless or platinum pluffles in areas they can pick up a lot of dirt. I use ONRWW so much along with CG V7. Can't say enough good things about both, esp the towels. I am very impressed with the platinum pluffles.

Are the eagle edgeless and platinum pluffle both double sided? Any idea how many of each is needed for one wash? 3 MF and 2 of the PP sound enough for a wash? These are a little pricey so hopefully they will last a long time.

BrutalNoodle
03-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Any idea how many towels are needed for a 4 door sedan mid-size? Basically, one pass (swipe) before switching to another clean side.

IMO, 4 at minimal. Better if you get 6 just in case. They last a long time, so it's worth the investment.

thanks.

What size waffle weave? Two 16x24 would do a nice job on a midsize sedan. Get a separate glass towel also. You wouldn't want to use the same towels on paint for glass, trust me.

deacno
03-11-2016, 11:22 PM
IMO, 4 at minimal. Better if you get 6 just in case. They last a long time, so it's worth the investment.

What size waffle weave? Two 16x24 would do a nice job on a midsize sedan. Get a separate glass towel also. You wouldn't want to use the same towels on paint for glass, trust me.

ok thanks. Sounds like a plan. I can get by with cheap costco, home depot MF towels for the other stuff (wheels, plastic trim, glass, interior door panels), correct?

BrutalNoodle
03-11-2016, 11:35 PM
They're good for those tasks. Even better if you get a waffle weave for glass. 16x16 or ones in a different color so you wouldn't mistaken them for drying duty.

Be ware, you will have more than 'a few' microfiber towels. Just you wait.... :laughing:

oc412
03-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Are the eagle edgeless and platinum pluffle both double sided? Any idea how many of each is needed for one wash? 3 MF and 2 of the PP sound enough for a wash? These are a little pricey so hopefully they will last a long time.

I have 10 EE and 5 PP. They are both two sided so you get 8 sides with each towel technically while working. That is sufficient to do a sub compact SUV, but like I said I use normal ones for some parts of the car. Remember to properly care for them or you can ruin them. After using TRC towels I wont ever buy anything else.

pheerix
03-11-2016, 11:51 PM
I use 12 eagles for my mid-size sedan.
1 for half of hood and each fender. 1 for front bumper. 1 for roof and front and rear windshields. 1 for trunk. 1 for rear bumper. 1 for each door. 1 for each rear panel.

fly07sti
03-11-2016, 11:58 PM
If you're ordering from TRC, get some Everest 800's & 1100's. They are a very close 2nd to my all time favorite drying towel, Microfiber Madness DMC for less than 1/2 the price.
The more you buy, the bigger the discount per towel. I have a few Eagles myself.

pheerix
03-11-2016, 11:59 PM
If you're ordering from TRC, get some Everest 800's & 1100's. They are a very close 2nd to my all time favorite drying towel, Microfiber Madness DMC for less than 1/2 the price.
The more you buy, the bigger the discount per towel. I have a few Eagles myself.

A few...hundred? Lol

Bus_Driver
03-12-2016, 12:44 AM
You can try the supreme 530's. That's what I use for drying when doing rinseless or 2 bucket.