PDA

View Full Version : Which pads when using two step correction

jvamagic
03-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi,

I have a 7424xp and Menz 400/4000. I use an orange pad for correction and black pad with menz 4k.

It seems the black pad is too soft. It's not bad but it seems like the white pad may be better/faster for the second step. Is this correct?

black pad: Hex-Logic Medium-Heavy Cutting Pad, Orange - 5.5 in.

white pad: Chemical Guys - Lake Country Light-Medium Polishing Pad, White (5.25 Inch) (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Lake_Country_Light_Medium_Polishing_Pad_p/buflc_104_5.htm)

Thanks in advance.

PandaSauce
03-11-2016, 07:20 PM
I usually use black or red for sealant and/or wax. For final polish/light correction I usually use white.

AGOatemywallet
03-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Only your Test Spot truly knows the Answer

jvamagic
03-11-2016, 07:30 PM
I usually use black or red for sealant and/or wax. For final polish/light correction I usually use white.

So is the black more denser than the white pad?

Only your Test Spot truly knows the Answer

Yes, I will have to do this but wanted to avoid purchasing a white pad if the black pad will do.

GenesisCoupe
03-11-2016, 08:15 PM
So is the black more denser than the white pad?

Yes, I will have to do this but wanted to avoid purchasing a white pad if the black pad will do.

black Lake Country pad has very little correcting ability. It is awesome to get that gloss. White pad is for light correction.

Paul A.
03-11-2016, 08:25 PM
The 2 colors i use most are orange and white. Of those 2, i use white even more than orange. It might not be a bad idea to get a few white pads. Do test spots with a black pad and 4000 next to a white pad and 4000. That should show you a difference. You can then go from there.