PDA

View Full Version : chemical guys vs the world

Pages : [1] 2

03Mustanger
03-11-2016, 07:11 AM
What would you guys consider to be an ok/good product and a professional product? As a whole.

I was reading around the interwebs and many detailers were referring to CG as an "ok" product. Or a product for enthusiasts.

What products would you consider as professional? pinnacle, poorboys, wolfgang? etc.

I'm really looking for a professional product line. as I stated as a whole company, which manufacturer would you recommend as being a professional line?

as for as waxes/sealants are concerned i'm pretty stuck to gtechniq coatings. I haven't done one yet on a vehicle, but i've heard nothing but positive things from them. So basically i'm looking for everything else from a company. interior, polishes, wheel/tire cleaner etc.

Thanks and i'm anxious to hear what some of you professional detailers use and/or recommend Im the MAN

Setec Astronomy
03-11-2016, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure what your criteria are. What makes something a "professional" product? Availability in bulk? Discounted pricing?

JeffM
03-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Megs , 3d. , optimum.

GSKR
03-11-2016, 07:31 AM
What would you guys consider to be an ok/good product and a professional product? As a whole.

I was reading around the interwebs and many detailers were referring to CG as an "ok" product. Or a product for enthusiasts.

What products would you consider as professional? pinnacle, poorboys, wolfgang? etc.

I'm really looking for a professional product line. as I stated as a whole company, which manufacturer would you recommend as being a professional line?

as for as waxes/sealants are concerned i'm pretty stuck to gtechniq coatings. I haven't done one yet on a vehicle, but i've heard nothing but positive things from them. So basically i'm looking for everything else from a company. interior, polishes, wheel/tire cleaner etc.

Thanks and i'm anxious to hear what some of you professional detailers use and/or recommend Im the MAN
I split my inventory from 3 different companies.my waxes and polishes compound I use pinnacle,poor boys is pretty good on some of there stuff.chemical guys quantities in small bottles is just to little for me as I do this for a living.although chemicals guys black clay is probably the best I've used,cuts quick and no marring even though it's agressive.The rest I get from wholesale vendors.

onsite
03-11-2016, 07:42 AM
I split my inventory from 3 different companies.my waxes and polishes compound I use pinnacle,poor boys is pretty good on some of there stuff.chemical guys quantities in small bottles is just to little for me as I do this for a living.although chemicals guys black clay is probably the best I've used,cuts quick and no marring even though it's agressive.The rest I get from wholesale vendors.

Overall what companies do you use out of curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronkh57
03-11-2016, 07:55 AM
I find this somewhat of a weird question..

There are guys here that can make a car look incredible with kit wax, and there are guys here that you could give top shelf stuff that would look like a jr high car wash/wax job.....

Chemical line is just a small part of the job. It's technique, experience and maybe knowing what chemical to do the job you want to complete.

In my opinion, there is no single manufacturer that makes the "best" complete line. Each has their stand out products, each has their "ok" products.

You gotta figure out what works for you.......

03Mustanger
03-11-2016, 09:43 AM

I find this somewhat of a weird question..

There are guys here that can make a car look incredible with kit wax, and there are guys here that you could give top shelf stuff that would look like a jr high car wash/wax job.....

Chemical line is just a small part of the job. It's technique, experience and maybe knowing what chemical to do the job you want to complete.

In my opinion, there is no single manufacturer that makes the "best" complete line. Each has their stand out products, each has their "ok" products.

You gotta figure out what works for you.......

I agree with what you're saying. The top shelf stuff doesn't last that long whatsoever though.

basically I was asking this question so I could use for 1 single line up. Rather than having to buying product from company a to do job a and buy additional product from company b to do job b. Trying to save money I guess is a better way of putting it. Trial and error of products can get pricey.

What products specifically do you use from pinnacle and poor boys?

shagnat
03-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Hard to beat the Meguiar's professional line. Even their mid-grade products, most of which can be bought OTC are pretty good.

StephenK
03-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Look at the new McKee 37 line for complete line of quality products

silverfox
03-12-2016, 03:35 PM
It's not about product lines. It's about technique. If Tiger Woods gave me his clubs and he went out and bought a set at Walmart, he still wins every time.

So many people especially impatient ones spend a fortune on detailing supplies every time a new product or line comes out and guess what...in six months or a year the stuff is rotting away in a box someplace and it's on to the next magic pill.

Kamakaz1961
03-12-2016, 04:11 PM
It's not about product lines. It's about technique. If Tiger Woods gave me his clubs and he went out and bought a set at Walmart, he still wins every time.

So many people especially impatient ones spend a fortune on detailing supplies every time a new product or line comes out and guess what...in six months or a year the stuff is rotting away in a box someplace and it's on to the next magic pill.

:dblthumb2: I agree on this one. However, that being said I do have go to products that I will only use for correcting/polishing.

That is Menzerna and Polish Angel compound/polish. PA has a compound Polish and a final Polish product. Menzerna for me it was FG400 and SF4500, however, I am confused as to what they call it now.

As for sealant: Menzerna and Polish Angel

For wax.....I have a whole bunch!

But Technique Trumps Product all the time.

2011 Kona Blue
03-12-2016, 06:58 PM

Sir, my wife and I have a side automotive detailing business and we use various assorted manufacturer products and many of them are chemical guys. We use some Meguiar's products along with croftgate USA.

I find that chemical guys products are good quality and haven't been unhappy with their results. I'm very happy with Chemical Guys compound, cutting polish, butter wet carnuba wax and m seal sealant. Whether I am detailing a 20k car or 100k car I'm still using the same products and get fantastic results with them. I use Chemical Guys degreasers, clay mitt's and love them.

bryanviper
03-12-2016, 10:21 PM
From what I have read/seen 3d products seem to be very good and priced great.

geekdout
03-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Try not to get hung up on marketing.

There is no such thing as professional products just professional results. So you are just going to have figure out what works for you.

Megs has the most complete and consistent line of products out there.
Menzerna makes world class polishes not to mention Powerlock which is a great sealant.
Chemical guys it really hit or miss, they have great car wash soaps and some other products.
Carpro is another great company with an amazing product line.

custmsprty
03-12-2016, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=2011 Kona Blue;1359553]

I find that chemical guys products are good quality and haven't been unhappy with their results. I'm very happy with Chemical Guys compound, cutting polish, butter wet carnuba wax and m seal sealant. Whether I am detailing a 20k car or 100k car I'm still using the same products and get fantastic results with them. I use Chemical Guys degreasers, clay mitt's and love them.[/QUOTE

This is a great example of differing opinions. I have invested in a lot of CG's products, some I love, some ended up in the dipsty dumpster. Butter Wet Wax, dumpster. M Seal, Dumpster, Jet Seal on the way to the dumpster.