PDA

View Full Version : hose-end foam gun nozzle is leaking.......

lj993
03-10-2016, 10:15 PM
I have a normal hose-end foam gun. The nozzle has started to leak to the point of becoming an annoyance (we are still in a drought here in California). Is there a place, auto geek, or anywhere else that sells the nozzle alone? the pot and nozzle work great, I just need to find a quick release output ended nozzle. Any thoughts? I checked the internet, but didn't find anything. I love the gun, it doesn't foam a thickly, if that is a word, as the high pressure compressor model, but works pretty well. The only thing that I don't like about it is that when it is used without the pot, the spray is a steady stream only, no way to fan it out or adjust the spray like a regular trigger-style hose nozzle. Phil

Setec Astronomy
03-10-2016, 10:17 PM
What are you looking for, the pistol grip part? I bought one from Amazon once. Since the Gilmour ones are pretty unreliable, it seems like Autogeek should stock that part. I have one right now that leaks so much I can't really use it, and from what I can tell they don't come apart so you could replace that seal.

lj993
03-11-2016, 07:15 PM
I had a great chat with customer service at Autogeek today. The nozzle is just a regular nozzle with a threaded tip. So, any off the shelf nozzle with a threaded tip should work. I didn't realize that the quick release just unscrewed from the end of the nozzle. With that in mind, off to Home Depot to check out the offerings. thanks for the reply.

2011 302
03-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Did u tighten the quick release onto the threaded nozzle? There is a seal between the threaded end of the sprayer and the disconnect

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2011 302
03-11-2016, 07:36 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/0d5ba4db4339cfbb9c90b9f2a0f9d2f8.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk