PDA

View Full Version : green pollen

jocar
03-10-2016, 12:45 PM
On my new black Honda that I park outside on the street, I am getting a green substance stuck to all my water troughs and around my trunk where the water drains off the car and around window mouldings and cowling.When I wiped the bird poop off the roof with a wet cloth the cloth turned green, so I am wondering if it could be a pollen from the neighbors large cedar tree. If it is pollen what is the best way to get rid of it as it is in most nooks and crannies especially the sunroof.

Desertnate
03-10-2016, 01:26 PM
My vote is pollen. I have no large trees near me, yet my car turns that yellow/green color every Spring.

The only way to get rid of it is to wash the car and use the same tools/products you normally use when getting into the tight areas of the vehicle.

GSKR
03-10-2016, 01:38 PM
The pollen is bad here in south fla,just wash it good.

Angler
03-10-2016, 05:23 PM
I use this DP Turbo Car Dryer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-turbo-car-dryer.html) followed by Optimum No Rinse. Pollen is extremely heavy here from January through April.

JSMet
03-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Yeah, my car turns green every spring too. I have a terrible case of hay fever that is affected by tree pollen, so I suffer from March to June. I plan to use a coating that will enable me to rinse with water followed by a QD.

custmsprty
03-10-2016, 08:26 PM
My white car is yellow right now LOL.