PDA

View Full Version : BRS - Big Red Sponge

Pages : [1] 2 3

viperking
03-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Used the BRS for the first time today. Gonna need a little getting used to. Somewhat different from using just the microfiber towels.

JeffM
03-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I love mine.

Real Riders
03-09-2016, 11:40 PM
To keep the Big Red Sponge soft do not let it dry out. The BRS needs to always be soaking in ONR at all times to keep it soft

hdez
03-09-2016, 11:48 PM
This is better than a meguiar's mf wash mitt?

Real Riders
03-09-2016, 11:59 PM
This is better than a meguiar's mf wash mitt?

it is completely different than a Meguiars Wash Mitt. The wash mitt feels soft and very similar to a thick microfiber towel. The Big Red Sponge is very thick and not very soft unless it is always soaked in ONR at all times. Even soaking in ONR at all times, it still won't fit in tight places like door handles since it is so thick. The advantage of the BRS over the Wash Mitt is the BRS releases dirt much faster due to it's design

Real Riders
03-10-2016, 12:12 AM
Used the BRS for the first time today. Gonna need a little getting used to. Somewhat different from using just the microfiber towels.

Are you using the BRS with ONR doing a Rinseless Wash or are you using it with traditional car soap? I am guessing a Rinseless Wash?

Real Riders
03-10-2016, 12:13 AM
The Big Red Sponge was designed to be used with ONR with one bucket (no need for a rinse bucket) .

viperking
03-10-2016, 12:38 AM
Are you using the BRS with ONR doing a Rinseless Wash or are you using it with traditional car soap? I am guessing a Rinseless Wash?

Yes, using it with ONR. Still trying to get used to the sponge, holds a lot of ONR. Don't want to squeeze it too much.

viperking
03-10-2016, 12:42 AM
The Big Red Sponge was designed to be used with ONR with one bucket (no need for a rinse bucket) .

Can you use a rinse bucket? I know ONR pulls the dirt to the bottom of the bucket (with a grit guard). Just feel that it still needs to be put through rinse bucket.

viperking
03-10-2016, 12:46 AM
To keep the Big Red Sponge soft do not let it dry out. The BRS needs to always be soaking in ONR at all times to keep it soft

Keeping it in the bucket with ONR, Because there is still product (ONR), do you use the same product from the wash or begin with new ONR. Feel guilty leaving it in a bucket with some dirt in it.

Real Riders
03-10-2016, 01:06 AM
Keeping it in the bucket with ONR, Because there is still product (ONR), do you use the same product from the wash or begin with new ONR. Feel guilty leaving it in a bucket with some dirt in it.

I keep it soaking in a bucket with clean ONR

Real Riders
03-10-2016, 01:09 AM
Can you use a rinse bucket? I know ONR pulls the dirt to the bottom of the bucket (with a grit guard). Just feel that it still needs to be put through rinse bucket.

You can use a rinse bucket but make sure the rinse water is completely squeezed out of the sponge. If you do not squeeze the rinse water out of the BRS you are adding clear water to your ONR solution and it will dilute the solution, giving less protection. You could always add ONR to the rinse bucket if needed but it uses more product

Real Riders
03-10-2016, 01:19 AM
I believe Autogeek needs to change the description on the BRS. The description says to use high lubricitiy suds and doesn't even mention to use the BRS for Rinseless Washes. The BRS was designed for Rinseless Washes and if Autogeek would change the description, the sales may double or triple. It would also help to change the title from Optimum Big Red Wash Sponge to Optimum Big Red Rinseless Wash Sponge

Nav45
03-11-2016, 06:11 PM
I've been using the multiple towel method with rinseless for a while now and I generally like it. What I don't like too much is constantly folding and managing towels. It's not that bad, but still, one has to be careful about folding properly, etc. Also, doing an additional load of laundry is there as well when doing this method.

I'm wondering about the BRS. It looks like a faster way but I'm wondering how can it be more safer than a medium/deep pile microfiber towel. From my perspective, which is very limited, a MF towel seems to have more "space" to hold dirt compared to a sponge-based product. Also when using the BRS, how does one really know if the dirt is not being reabsorbed by the sponge. Please correct me here if I'm mistaken. I'm just thinking of things that I don't know about.

The BRS is very intriguing though. It seems to release the dirt well and also seems to clean well. I'm just wondering about using this on cars that are polished. I'm hesitant about scratching up cars while washing so I'm not sure. Maybe I just need to try one and see how it does.

Appreciate any feedback.

RaskyR1
03-11-2016, 06:40 PM

Yeah, I ended up selling mine. To each there own but I prefer MF towels.