PDA

View Full Version : What is a Spray Quik Detailer used for?

SixtyMac
03-09-2016, 07:01 PM
I have a quik detailer spray from Meguiars...wondering what it's use is.

Eldorado2k
03-09-2016, 07:04 PM
If your vehicle has light dust on it, spray it on the paint and wipe it clean with a microfiber towel. It's also useful to clean up bird bombs.

SixtyMac
03-09-2016, 07:16 PM
If your vehicle has light dust on it, spray it on the paint and wipe it clean with a microfiber towel. It's also useful to clean up bird bombs.

So let's say a week after I wash my car, it starts getting a bit dusty...that would be OK to use the detailer? It won't scratch the car if I wiple with a MF?

Eldorado2k
03-09-2016, 07:20 PM
So let's say a week after I wash my car, it starts getting a bit dusty...that would be OK to use the detailer? It won't scratch the car if I wiple with a MF?

A week may be pushing it, unless your car spends alot of its time in the garage. Always think "light dust"
A product like Meguiars Wash & Wax Anywhere should be used for anything above that/nearing the point of needing a real bucket wash.

SixtyMac
03-09-2016, 07:27 PM
A week may be pushing it, unless your car spends alot of its time in the garage. Always think "light dust"
A product like Meguiars Wash & Wax Anywhere should be used for anything above that/nearing the point of needing a real bucket wash.

True, thanks

BMW435
03-09-2016, 07:56 PM
I have a quik detailer spray from Meguiars...wondering what it's use is.

Can also be used as a drying aid after washing your car

Mike@ShineStruck
03-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Can use a waterless wash and do the same thing more safely in regards to dust/prep for show
Detailer I think is better used as a drying aide

oldmodman
03-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Since their detail spray is so inexpensive I use it as lubricant for my clay bars. I found an extremely good price on Gallon Jugs of it and bought enough to last me forever.

BrutalNoodle
03-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Waterless has come a long way. They're so good now, it feels like a waste using quick detailers for clean ups.

IMO, best to use them right after a nice wash to boost gloss; either during the drying stage or on a freshly cleaned paint. Assuming you have waterless in your arsenal, of course.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Detail spray can be used to clean up light dust, finger smudges, pollen, bird bombs, etc.

They also have gloss enhancers to leave a nice "shine" and slick feel.

Now don't go using the stuff when your car is filthy, you need proper technique and alot of spray lubricant to properly take off a heavier soiled area so use common sence.

Lubrication and clean towels are key in that scenario, but a good rule of thumb to go by is.

If you have to second guess it, it's time for a traditional wash, or a rinseless Wash method.

If your interested in easier methods.

Look up rinseless Wash methods.

With the following products

Optimum no rinse
Meguiar's D114
Wolfgang Uber rinseless

You can make the following with these products.

Detail spray
Clay bar lubricant
Waterless wash
Rinseless Wash

Busy mind
03-09-2016, 09:36 PM
QD is for people making themselves look cool at car shows when in actuality they're probably putting light scratches in the paint if not done properly.
Oh and it generates sales at Pep Boys.

thesilverone
03-09-2016, 09:46 PM
I use it when I'm drying after washing

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-09-2016, 10:04 PM
QD is for people making themselves look cool at car shows when in actuality they're probably putting light scratches in the paint if not done properly.
Oh and it generates sales at Pep Boys.

Lol not to mention that they use the same wet dirty rag that they been using for a month, and when there "done" the car is filled with streaks :D:D:D:(

Busy mind
03-10-2016, 12:23 AM
Lol not to mention that they use the same wet dirty rag that they been using for a month, and when there "done" the car is filled with streaks :D:D:D:(

Yep, same one they keep in the door compartment of their car which gets used for wiping dust off the dash.
But their eyes are telling their brain that it's "shiny".