PDA

View Full Version : Tire dressing aplicators

Pages : [1] 2

chrt396
03-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Hiopefully..this question isnt a common sense question. I bought some Wolfgang Tire Gel..and it came with two blue foam applicators. How often do y'all clean your tire dressing applicators? Putting those in a washing machine could end you up in divorce court..so do you re-use them..and then eventually toss...or what?

Setec Astronomy
03-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Yeah, you can't really put those in the washing machine. I have hand washed them, but usually I don't, I may squeeze them in a paper towel once in a while to "clean" them, but eventually they tear etc. and you throw them out.

If you scrub your tires well before you dress that will increase the length of time it takes for the applicators to turn gunky black.

AC in OC
03-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Hiopefully..this question isnt a common sense question. I bought some Wolfgang Tire Gel..and it came with two blue foam applicators. How often do y'all clean your tire dressing applicators? Putting those in a washing machine could end you up in divorce court..so do you re-use them..and then eventually toss...or what?

Personally, if I'm applying a gel like the WG you mention, the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator is the way to go.

Plus you won't need to put them in the washers, they clean up easily with an all purpose cleaner or degreaser.

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator (http://www.autogeek.net/carrand-tire-dressing-brush.html)

Bus_Driver
03-09-2016, 07:26 PM
I use a grout sponge cut in pieces. I get 6 applicators per sponge.

Rsurfer
03-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Home > Shop By Brand > Carrand Detailing Tools > Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators - 2 Pack

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators - 2 Pack

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators - 2 Pack

Brush on tire gloss and protection!

The Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator applies tire dressings evenly and neatly. Feathered bristles distribute the tire protectant while the sliding rim guard keeps your hands clean. Apply tire dressing just like the pros do it with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator!

Detailers often use a brush to apply tire dressing instead of a sponge or tire swipe. Why? Using a brush may save product since the tire dressing does not soak into the bristles like it would a foam applicator. There's also the problem of tire gel soaking through the applicator to your hand. That won't happen with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator.

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator makes applying your favorite tire dressing quick and easy. For the best results, apply tire dressing with the ends of the bristles. The ends are feathered and they will do a great job of spreading the tire dressing evenly. If you use a spray-on dressing, you can first spray the tire and then spread the dressing with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator.

The Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator cleans up easily with an all purpose cleaner or degreaser.

Paint on tire protection with the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator!

Sold in packs of 2.

The Guz
03-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Those two applicators that are included in the kit are actually pretty decent. I have a couple that I bought some time ago from some other place that are very similar. I will use some APC or Meguiar's Super Degreaser to clean them out once in awhile. It helps get rid of some of the gunk. Not perfect but good enough. They are pretty durable.

I wash them by hand.

Once they are both gone get the carrand brush.

chrt396
03-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Thanks guys!! ALL great ideas!!

OK...brushes,,sponges,,,etc..!!

This is great!! The faster I get up to $150..the faster I'll get this stuff! Free shipping you know. Its amazing...AG offers free shipping on orders over $150...and just to get something free...I constantly search for stuff to add the cart to make up the $150.

EDIT: Just added brushes to cart!! Up to $144.93 ALMOST THERE!!!!

Rsurfer
03-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks guys!! ALL great ideas!!

OK...brushes,,sponges,,,etc..!!

This is great!! The faster I get up to $150..the faster I'll get this stuff! Free shipping you know. Its amazing...AG offers free shipping on orders over $150...and just to get something free...I constantly search for stuff to add the cart to make up the $150.

EDIT: Just added brushes to cart!! Up to $144.93 ALMOST THERE!!!!

You can never have to many micro fiber towels.:props:

cardaddy
03-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Personally, if I'm applying a gel like the WG you mention, the Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicator is the way to go.

Plus you won't need to put them in the washers, they clean up easily with an all purpose cleaner or degreaser.

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator (http://www.autogeek.net/carrand-tire-dressing-brush.html)

Nuff said!

Don't even THINK about looking elsewhere... run don't walk, and GET that twin pack of the Carrand brushes. They've totally changed how I apply tire gels. In fact... I've used mine so much that I need to order a couple more. YES, they are THAT good of a tool when it comes to getting tire gels where you want them. :dblthumb2:

Desertnate
03-11-2016, 08:35 AM
How well do those brushes work with a spray bottle based tire dressing?

Do you spray the brush and then apply the product to the tire or do you spray the tire and then spread it with the brush. In both instances, "spray" means get the bottle up close and gently shoot product onto the desired target to prevent overspray.

parshooter
03-11-2016, 09:02 AM
I really like these. I don't wash them out. After a while, I really don't need to add much dressing because it's built up in the applicator. I used one applicator all last year. Started on a new one last week.
tire foam applicators, tire swipe (http://www.autogeek.net/tire-applicator.html)

chrt396
03-11-2016, 12:01 PM
How well do those brushes work with a spray bottle based tire dressing?

Do you spray the brush and then apply the product to the tire or do you spray the tire and then spread it with the brush. In both instances, "spray" means get the bottle up close and gently shoot product onto the desired target to prevent overspray.

Most of the time, you just shake the bottle if necessary..pour a little into a container and use the brush to apply. The guys where I worked used to take a gallon jug and cut out a section and dipped the brush in that.

Papa
03-11-2016, 12:50 PM
I spray a dedicated brush directly , then apply to tire. Works well gets in all the nooks and crannies.

Desertnate
03-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Most of the time, you just shake the bottle if necessary..pour a little into a container and use the brush to apply. The guys where I worked used to take a gallon jug and cut out a section and dipped the brush in that.

I spray a dedicated brush directly , then apply to tire. Works well gets in all the nooks and crannies.

Thanks for the inputs.

I've got tires with textured sidewalls that tear up pads. I'm thinking these brushes will make life much easier.

AuroraDetailing
06-21-2016, 10:42 PM

This is the one I use. Works great for getting into all the little crevices on tires with the textured lines and in the corners of the letters without having to use too much product. I don't remember of they came in a two pack but for some reason I have two haha. Haven't bothered with the second one yet. I've probably done at least 100 tires and there aren't any signs of the brush degrading or falling apart and I get kind of rough with it.