PDA

View Full Version : Gas pressure washer--opinions??

Daviddear30
03-09-2016, 03:51 PM
I already have a 1700 psi electric pressure washer. It's ok but only 1.2 gpm.

I'm looking to upgrade to this. Here are the specs
Ryobi Pressure Washers 3100-PSI 2.5-Gpm Honda Gas Pressure Washer with Idle Down RY80940

Who uses a gas pressure washer? Do you enjoy it more than the electrics?

I recently upgraded to a gas leaf blower and it's 2-3x better than my electric one.

GSKR
03-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Gas can put out more psi,and last for everyday use.electric is more for home projects not commercial.The promblem with ryobi is that if something breaks it will be a hard time getting parts quick so you can make a living if your doing details.Honda if it deos break,just go to a pressure washing repair place and get it fixed quickly.more than likely they will have the parts in stock.But if your budget deosnt allow you 900.00 for a Honda then ryobi it is.They make a good product.

Daviddear30
03-09-2016, 04:04 PM
This one has a Honda motor I believe

RaskyR1
03-09-2016, 05:19 PM
You'll hate the hassle and noise of a gas unit. IMO I would spend the money on a real electric unit, not a cheap box store PW.

PWMall.com. PWMall-AR630-TSS-HOT-AR Blue Clean 1500 PSI Electric Pressure Washer 2.1GPM, 115V, TSS, High Temp (http://pwmall.com/p-140433-151487-AR630_TSS_HOT-ar-blue-clean-1500-psi-electric-pressure-washer-21gpm-115v-tss-high-temp)

215Detailing
03-09-2016, 06:43 PM
You'll hate the hassle and noise of a gas unit. IMO I would spend the money on a real electric unit, not a cheap box store PW.

PWMall.com. PWMall-AR630-TSS-HOT-AR Blue Clean 1500 PSI Electric Pressure Washer 2.1GPM, 115V, TSS, High Temp (http://pwmall.com/p-140433-151487-AR630_TSS_HOT-ar-blue-clean-1500-psi-electric-pressure-washer-21gpm-115v-tss-high-temp)

Hi RaskyR1 do you currently use this unit, and if so would it be good for mobile and is it self priming or do you need to connect to a pump to draw water from a standing tank?

GSKR
03-09-2016, 06:46 PM
This one has a Honda motor I believeIf it's a Honda and the noise or emissions don't bother you then gas will be suitable for pressure washing jobs.and they sell attachments that reach 50 feet high for washing siding on a home.Honda engines are indestructible ,I have mine going on 8 years with zero maintenance or issues.

RaskyR1
03-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Hi RaskyR1 do you currently use this unit, and if so would it be good for mobile and is it self priming or do you need to connect to a pump to draw water from a standing tank?

I'll be purchasing it soon based on feedback from a few others I trust. My old unit was 2750psi at 3gpm at it was overkill, this unit is ideal. It does require 19amps though so it might not be the best for mobile. Dont know the answer for priming or using with a tank, sorry.

lane5515
03-09-2016, 07:55 PM
I already have a 1700 psi electric pressure washer. It's ok but only 1.2 gpm.

I'm looking to upgrade to this. Here are the specs
Ryobi Pressure Washers 3100-PSI 2.5-Gpm Honda Gas Pressure Washer with Idle Down RY80940

Who uses a gas pressure washer? Do you enjoy it more than the electrics?

I recently upgraded to a gas leaf blower and it's 2-3x better than my electric one.

I have that exact unit which I purchased from Home Depot 2 years ago. I haven't had any problems with it but I did purchase the extended warranty in case I do. It seems like pressure washers break down at some point. Previously I had 2 Karcher electric models - they worked great for one year than problem after problem. The Ryobi with the Honda engine and idle down technology is great. My only issue with it is that the gas tank is about the size of a thimble. I use a foam cannon attachment for prewash soaks and my car looks like a marshmallow when I'm done foaming it. For the price you can't go wrong. I also purchased an additional hose because the one that comes with it is pretty short.

oldmodman
03-09-2016, 08:03 PM
I decided that I wanted a larger, higher pressure gas unit so I found an insane deal on a brand new Karcher with the 13hp Honda gas engine. Only cost $785.00 delivered. Normal is $1695.00

Five years old and still looks and works like new. It produces 4500 psi. And always starts on the second pull of the rope.
I have used it for washing clay mud off of the underside of a few friend's trucks and also for washing and stripping the loose paint off of several houses before painting. It is almost too powerful for washing cars. But it can be used. I just barely crack the throttle and that keeps the pressure down to a safe level.

The only thing out of the ordinary that I do is I ALWAYS shut it off if I am not going to be using it for more than a couple of minutes. Even though it has an unloader it is still getting hotter and hotter while running at full throttle with a dead head.

If you get one be extremely careful using it. The full pressure with a narrow nozzle will go right through skin.I actually tested it one morning when I found a freshly deceased Raccoon on my patio. The pressure washer cut him to pieces. The crows were quite appreciative of the bite sized pieces.

Daviddear30
03-09-2016, 10:14 PM
I definitely don't want another electric one. I don't mind the sound smell of gas. My gas leaf blower is less hassle than my electric. No electric cord to get out, roll up etc...

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Fast Eddie
03-09-2016, 10:24 PM

I've been eyeing a good electric pressure washer for a while so thanks for the link. I already have high quality gas pressure washers and 1 el cheapo electric one, I am completely over it with using my gas ones and that AR630 looks like a nice unit, and can handle heat too :xyxthumbs:

Stegs
03-10-2016, 07:30 AM
just a option

I went to my local sams club and got a gas power washer for about 250-275

Its a black maxx brand (which after 1 years seems great)

mine is a 160 honda engine, pretty quiet for a gas unit....lightweight to pickup and store inside
2800 psi
comes with a decent amount of hose, a nozzle with 5-6 settings
soap dispenser tank built in

I bought it on sale at my local sams club for about 250-275 if i remember right

Works great, great psi, and with a honda engine...it starts 1st or 2nd pull....runs like a top

Only down i can say about it after 1 year of use

the gas tank on it is small...i can get 2 cars done on 1 tank of gas.....I really wish they would double the size of the tank so its less fill ups.....

It will run for about 1 hour straight before a fill up...Here is a link to mine!

Black Max 2,800 PSI Gasoline Pressure Washer - Powered by Honda - Sam's Club (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/blackmax-2800-honda-pressure-washer/prod12610068.ip)

Audios S6
03-10-2016, 07:49 AM
I've got a 3000 psi gas unit and a 1700 psi electric unit. The electric has just enough power for most car washing tasks, but doesn't perform as well with the foam cannon. The gas on the other hand, makes shaving cream.

The gas is large, loud and like others, I start and stop it a few times when washing a car. The electric is quiet enough, starts just by pulling the wand trigger and is much easier to fit in my vehicle if I'm doing mobile. The electric can also be used in my garage in the winter without opening a door and pointing the exhaust that direction.

I won't be changing my set up until they die. I like Rasky's unit, but I have plenty of other toys and tools I want before I replace the working pressure washers.

onsite
03-10-2016, 09:12 AM
Just my opinion and experience, don't get a generac!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk