PDA

View Full Version : What is the best small portable steam cleaner vac

stewbuntu
03-08-2016, 09:44 PM
I was thinking the the bissel 3624 professional spot cleaner or the BISSELL5207F SpotClean ProHeat. For hot water. Id like to stean clean carpets from time to time after treating with a mold remediation killer on my boat. Clean outdoor furniture cushions etc.

Im thinking small to travel in my rig, leave on the boat in the cabin if Im not finished and to have a more compact unit. Id like to steam clean windows etc with boiling water/steam or the heated model. Any better machine you can think of.

Sent from my phone

vanev
03-09-2016, 06:02 PM
For a cost effective, entry level heavy duty steamer, it is hard to beat the McCulloch 1275.
The tank capacity, attachments, and price make the purchase well worth it.
Love mine.

As for the Bissell machines you mentioned, I would not suggest those models specifically.
I do suggest the Bissell Little Green Pro Heat Turbo Brush Multi Purpose Carpet Cleaner.
Not to be confused with the lesser model Little Green Spot Clean.
Also not to be confused with Little Green Pro Heat standard.

Can you find better machines, yes.
Can you find better machines for the price, no.

timsatx
03-09-2016, 10:47 PM
I haven't bought one yet, but my eye is on the McColloch MC1375.

Goin Rogue
03-09-2016, 10:51 PM
I haven't bought one yet, but my eye is on the McColloch MC1375.

I use that one and it does great! My only grip is the triangle brush does not have towel clips.

vanev
03-10-2016, 12:01 PM
I use that one and it does great! My only grip is the triangle brush does not have towel clips.

I use the triangle brush quite a bit.
You can secure a towel by placing the center of the triangle brush on the towel, folding the towel over the back of the brush, and tying the ends of the towel.
It will hold secure this way.

onsite
03-10-2016, 02:29 PM
I got the McCulloch 1385 and I'm impressed with it! Like said though the triangle brush doesn't hold the towel good. I'll try tying though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewbuntu
03-10-2016, 09:19 PM
This is a question below that I have out to VP Mark with VisualPro Detailing over at the http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/76245-new-mcculloch-mc1385-steamer-11.html#post1358827 thread. What do you guys think? My shop vac and compressor are mounted near the ceiling in a corner and would make both a challenge but I could do it.

Im liking the 1385 and milwuakie cordless vac (but only 45cfm and 32 inch water lift) the best to steam then wet vac, or vac up loose junk around the cabin, like fiberglass after cutting a hole for something (I'm remodeling it). I have 110v power at the dock and in the boat. Pardon the grammar please this is sent from my phone.

The vac and compressor are up high do to limited space

For a $124 rug doctor which is 10amps vs bissels 5 amps, 10 amps is the same as the full upright steam vacs. I would have a "sort of" shop vac w/out an attachment along with a "kind of" steamer if using boiling water.

Do you like the tornado compressor gun from your youtube review/mention or the McCullock 1385 better. I think Id like an extractor better w boiling water, like the rug doctor portable spot cleaner, but Im trying to decide. I'll have access to air, electric, and hot water.

A little mold on my boat carpet is a prime thing Im thinking about cleaning, maybe the exterior rails, white fiberglass floors w stains, etc too, so the steamer might be better w a rag around it. I like the idea of sucking it up tho.

Maybe the $164 1385 steamer w a $99 milwuakie 18volt shop vac which I have wanted for a long time.
$264 total

or

$89 Tornado w the $125 rug doctor, but have to lug a spare air tank/compressor and hose to my boat.
$214 total

1385 = Amazon.com - McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System - Carpet Steam Cleaners (http://www.amazon.com/McCulloch-MC1385-Deluxe-Canister-System/dp/B00G00BTEA)

Rug DR w 4 cleaners = Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Combo Pack (http://m.costco.com/Rug-Doctor-Portable-Spot-Cleaner-Combo-Pack.product.100158613.html)

Tornado =h ttp://www.amazon.com/Tornador-Car-Cleaning-Tool-Z-010/dp/B0024J6JMI

here is my thread about it.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/99421-what-best-small-portable-steam-cleaner-vac.html#post1358025