PDA

View Full Version : New wheels for my girl!

dmorrissey
03-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Please click this link to vote for Emily, my very special daughter to get het own set of wheels - an adaptive bike! NO DONATION is required to vote:

https://www.friendshipcircle.org/bikes/2016/03/emily-m/

I know you guys can all help rock this for Emily!

We promise if she wins we will only wash it using the two bucket method and will wax and seal it twice a year! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thank you in advance for your support from both Emily and her dad!

If you are interested, here is a little more detail on her story!

Despite the challenges Emily has faced since birth she almost always has a smile on her face.

Over the last year she has made tremendous strides in both her confidence and independence. This has manifested in her participation in the Special Olympics where she has won several medals (which she will proudly show to anyone who is interested) and her willingness to try new things like tubing behind a boat on vacation this past summer.

A few weeks ago she got a brace for her left leg which turns inward fairly significantly. Instead of being bothered by her brace, she has been excited to wear it because of "it makes her stand straighter and run faster." She has been seeing a PT over the past few weeks to help her get used to the brace.

Today, her therapist let her try out an adaptive bike and she loved it!! She had a beaming smile on her face while riding! Having such a bike of her own would go such a long way to continue to build Emily's new found confidence and independence!

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-08-2016, 08:57 PM
I just voted, and wish you and your daughter luck!!!

You have all my support.

We have a great group of guys here on this forum and I'm more then sure we'll all support you.

Cmon guys get together and vote for emily!

Cabrio
03-08-2016, 09:33 PM
I just voted as well. Being a cyclist and a detailing enthusiast, you had me at "bike".

dmorrissey
03-09-2016, 05:33 PM
I just voted, and wish you and your daughter luck!!!

You have all my support.

We have a great group of guys here on this forum and I'm more then sure we'll all support you.

Cmon guys get together and vote for emily!

Thank. Appreciate everyone's support this far!

dmorrissey
03-10-2016, 06:30 PM
I just voted as well. Being a cyclist and a detailing enthusiast, you had me at "bike".

Emily is doing well but could still use all the votes she can get.

Here is a nice story published on our local new website today:

Emily Morrissey - In the Spotlight - Robious Corridor (http://www.robiouscorridor.com/emily-morrissey-in-the-spotlight/)

Rsurfer
03-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Emily got my vote.

Busy mind
03-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Voted and shared. Good luck.

Mantilgh
03-11-2016, 06:25 AM
You had me at adaptive Pt. Voted and shared.

Best of wishes to you and your family. My five year old girl is a stroke at birth survivor, cerebral palsy, and is doing well. She amazes me every day.

dmorrissey
03-11-2016, 07:43 PM

Best of wishes to you and your family. My five year old girl is a stroke at birth survivor, cerebral palsy, and is doing well. She amazes me every day.

I understand, my Emily has been an inspiration to many she meets!

Thanks for all who have voted and shared. If you haven't, please consider doing so!

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-12-2016, 01:34 AM

God is good, God bless you and your family, God's blessings and angels upon your daughter may they guide her foot steps!