PDA

View Full Version : Bug and tar removal ?

infofrog
03-08-2016, 08:25 AM
What is the best applied method to remove bugs from the bumper and hood ?
Megs. super cleaner
Rapid removal

Then tar removal ?

Thank you
Rick

Desertnate
03-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Depending on the level of mess I have several approaches.

For bug removal my go-to weapons are Poorboys Bug Squash and the McGee 37 Bug Scrubber. I'll spray down the areas first and let it soak while I go about washing the wheels. The sponge softens in the wash bucket at the same time. When ready, I gently wash down the buggy areas with the scrubber.

Tar removal I go with Stoner's Tarminator and a MF towel. Spray the stuff on, let it sit a few seconds and then gently start rubbing the area to remove the tar.

gjkwpd
03-08-2016, 09:17 AM
In using products like TarX, how do avoid the slimey mess after. I always seem to have to wash the area again. Is there anyway to avoid this or am I doing it wrong?

wdmaccord
03-08-2016, 10:04 AM
I also go with the bug sponge whenever I can. Less likelihood of removing the sealant/wax.

For the TarX question...I typically go back and rewash the area after a VERY LONG rinse. Make sure to reapply sealant/wax.

Desertnate
03-08-2016, 10:22 AM
In addition to the clean up steps wdmaccord mentioned, I only spray the surface directly when it's a big mess like splatter along whole bottom of a door/rocker panel. Even then, I don't put it on very heavy. Just enough to cover the spattered area. For smaller areas, I'll put the product on the MF towel and gently remove the mess.