PDA

View Full Version : Engine protection

lee250
03-08-2016, 02:09 AM
I tried searching but I came up with about 19 pages and not much fitted what I was looking for. I bought a new car and I'm trying to keep it nice. I was looking for something to spray on the engine to keep it from corroding. There is already some light corrosion on the steel motor mounts and the aluminum head. I was spraying WD40 on everything and it was helping but I read that WD40 will deteriorate rubber and plastic in the long run. I saw a post about Sonus spray but I haven't seen anyone say much about corrosion protection. I'm looking for corrosion protection and to help repel moisture from electrical connectors and not concerned about the engine looking shinny. Sorry for the long post I'm new to this. My other car is 30 years old and not in the best of shape so I'm trying to keep this one nice.

Mike@ShineStruck
03-08-2016, 03:20 AM
Google Bilt Hamber

lifeatredline
03-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Look up "fluid film" and read about how effective it is. It is sold a lot of places and it really works.

Murphy Mutt
03-08-2016, 10:33 AM
x2 for Fluid Film. Great stuff.

Joshwaa
03-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Boeshield T-9

lee250
03-09-2016, 01:01 AM
Thanks guys. I can get the fluid film locally so I think I'll try some of that. the boeshield looks really good. I saw it on amazon but where else could I get the boeshield and can it be shipped through the mail? I live in hawaii and would have to ship stuff in