PDA

View Full Version : Griots interior cleaner and others, what to use?

Bill1234
03-07-2016, 06:24 PM
I have a detail coming up soon and the leather/vinyl bmw seats have never been cleaned probably. SO I used lexol in the past for my car but was at a store that did not have it and got zep. Quality products so why not? Then saw mirror bright lotion at another store which is okay, then decided to buy griots interior cleaner.I looked strong enough to tackle not often cleaned leather. If any of these do not work, do I try apc next?

Ebg18t
03-07-2016, 06:58 PM
I had good luck with the Griots interior cleaner. Gentle, yet strong.

Setec Astronomy
03-07-2016, 07:07 PM
I have a detail coming up soon and the leather/vinyl bmw seats have never been cleaned probably. SO I used lexol in the past for my car but was at a store that did not have it and got zep. Quality products so why not? Then saw mirror bright lotion at another store which is okay, then decided to buy griots interior cleaner.I looked strong enough to tackle not often cleaned leather. If any of these do not work, do I try apc next?

Isn't the Zep already an APC? I mean Zep doesn't make car interior products AFAIK.

I had good luck with the Griots interior cleaner. Gentle, yet strong.

Manly yes, but I like it too. Huh?

FUNX650
03-07-2016, 07:51 PM
I have a detail coming up soon and
the leather/vinyl bmw seats
have never been cleaned probably.

lexol
zep.
mirror bright lotion
griots interior cleaner.

If any of these do not work, do I try apc next?
Bill,

It's been awhile since the below car-care
product line has been discussed;
so, just for memory sake:

I believe that IBIZ World Class has
a 2-'n-1 vinyl and leather product.

:D

Bob

Bill1234
03-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Isn't the Zep already an APC? I mean Zep doesn't make car interior products AFAIK.

Manly yes, but I like it too. Huh?

Zep citrus is, I have zep leather cleaner currently

Setec Astronomy
03-07-2016, 09:16 PM

Well, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about, which is nothing new.

So Bill, you said that these seats have probably never been cleaned. Have you seen them? Are they dirty?

Bill1234
03-08-2016, 06:46 PM
Well, I guess I don't know what I'm talking about, which is nothing new.

So Bill, you said that these seats have probably never been cleaned. Have you seen them? Are they dirty?

I have not seen them but the seats are from 2007 and having never been cleaned, it will be dirty Im betting

GSKR
03-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Zep citrus is to soapy and leaves a lot of residue.zep 505 will work if you can't order from ag in time.

Setec Astronomy
03-08-2016, 06:52 PM
So are you looking for something you can buy locally, or are you going to order?

GSKR
03-08-2016, 06:58 PM
505 is a moderate agressive apc,on 2007 beemer seats dirty may require some agitation.your promblem is gonna be the door panels.Bmw Lexus Toyota door panels are not user friendly with some apc,it turns the panels green.ultima gel would be a safe great fit if you can order in time.If not dilute the 505 big time on the panels.If they turn green just neutralize with water.

Jaddie
03-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Zep 505 is a pretty strong degreaser. I'd dilute it if I used it on interiors.

Blackfire Interior Cleaner is excellent.

And Optimum Power Clean is extraordinary.

GSKR
03-08-2016, 07:06 PM
The Zep leather cleaner is so weak,but maybe use it on the door panels.