PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum detail kit you can't live without

Coopers ST
03-07-2016, 02:24 PM
What detail kit or tools for your vacuum can't you live without? For me we have a Dyson that came with a tool with rotating brushes that is powered by the suction. It doesn't work well with the Dyson as it doesn't have the suction, but the shop vac is great.
So, what do you use?

Eldorado2k
03-07-2016, 05:56 PM
4 things I can't live without:
1. The little triangle carpet & upholstery brush from the Ridgid car detailing kit.
2. Soft dust brush attachment.
3. 1.25" and 2.5" crevice tools.

Coopers ST
03-07-2016, 06:48 PM
1. The little triangle carpet & upholstery brush from the Ridgid car detailing kit.

Are they all in the car detail kit?

Coopers ST
03-07-2016, 06:54 PM

Wow is that kit really worth $40? Or does it come with a new vacuum that would make it a better deal?

AutoAppeal
03-07-2016, 07:13 PM
The claw, round brush, crevice and the micro kit. I keep them all in a small mesh bag and carry it around as i vacuum.

custmsprty
03-07-2016, 07:23 PM
The detail kit for the small metro vac, it's great on dashes and all the small crevice areas.

Eldorado2k
03-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Are they all in the car detail kit?

The triangle carpet & upholstery brush and the 1.25" crevice tool comes with the kit.. [2.5" crevice tool and soft dust brush I bought separately]

Wow is that kit really worth $40? Or does it come with a new vacuum that would make it a better deal?

IMO that little triangle carpet brush is worth it alone. The crevice tool is cool too.. The 2nd "softer" triangle brush does me good as well as I solely use it to vacuum my canvas roof. [otherwise I wouldn't have much use for it. But it's perfect for my cars top]
The claw that comes with the kit is Garbage. And the 10' Orange hose is useless to me, because it doesn't compare in suction power to the standard 2.5" hose my vacuum came with, so I never use it.. But I might like it if my vacuum was 1 of the smaller models that came with a smaller hose to begin with.
Using the 2.5" crevice tool provides me with car wash strength vacuum power. I love it.💪🏽I also have a 2.5" Gulper attachment, along with the 2.5" car vacuum attachment. I don't mess around when it comes to the vacuum part of a detail. Lol.

[I should also mention that I didn't have to pay for the car detailing kit, it came included with my vac. back when it was a bundle. Which is why I have no complaints:)

KB in MD
03-08-2016, 08:43 AM
What detail kit or tools for your vacuum can't you live without? For me we have a Dyson that came with a tool with rotating brushes that is powered by the suction. It doesn't work well with the Dyson as it doesn't have the suction, but the shop vac is great.
So, what do you use?

I agree. The tool doesn't work well with house unit but rocks with a shop vac. I think the key is to let the brush bar rotate without undue pressure.:props:

Stegs
03-08-2016, 09:02 AM
for me, along the same thinking with a vacuum...i use my air compressor to get all the debris where i cant get a brush of any kind

I feel that is just as important as a good vacuum tool

Not to hijack the thread but...
anybody else use a air compressor with a nozzle?

wdmaccord
03-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Micro attachment kit! Micro Vacuum Attachment Kit - 7 Piece by Schneider Industries Micro Dis for $8.98 in on Govacuum.com (http://www.govacuum.com/micro-vacuum-attachment-kit-7-piece-34379.html)

You have to be careful with the small brushes as they have a plastic insert (to keep the bristles from collapsing and diminishing the suction). If you push down too hard on a plastic surface the inserts can scratch the plastic panel you are detailing.