PDA

View Full Version : cquartz UK Vs Opti Gloss Coat

bryanviper
03-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Hello,

Wondering if anybody can tell me the difference between Cquartz UK & Opti Gloss Coat? They seem to be very similar even application is the same from what I have seen.

Also I notice that a lot of detailer's up here charge $400-$500-$600 for a Opti Gloss Coat application and I'm not sure why. Last I heard you had to be a registered detailer to buy the product however I see it online for sale Unless I'm thinking of something else?

Thanks

tdekany
03-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Hello,

Wondering if anybody can tell me the difference between Cquartz UK & Opti Gloss Coat? They seem to be very similar even application is the same from what I have seen.

Also I notice that a lot of detailer's up here charge $400-$500-$600 for a Opti Gloss Coat application and I'm not sure why. Last I heard you had to be a registered detailer to buy the product however I see it online for sale Unless I'm thinking of something else?

Thanks

Hey Viper - how much do you think a pro should charge for Gloss Coat or a similar coating? Where I live in Portland Oregon, a so called "detail shop" will charge you several hundred dollars for a hack job without a coating.

On another note, you can apply the coating yourself.

bryanviper
03-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Well lets say $600 is that the charge just for the coating & that does not include a stage 1 polish or whatever is needed before applying the coating. As it seems to be very similar to the Cquartz Uk that i have applied before I just find it on the high side when the product costs around $150 & they charge $600. I can understand $300 range to apply it.

Now mind you I'm new at this and maybe I'm missing something here. But curious if there is a difference in product that I dont know about which is why its more expensive to get done.

Thanks

Hey Viper - how much do you think a pro should charge for Gloss Coat or a similar coating? Where I live in Portland Oregon, a so called "detail shop" will charge you several hundred dollars for a hack job without a coating.

On another note, you can apply the coating yourself.

Heisenberg
03-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Opticoat Pro is the one where you have to be licensed though Optimum to buy & apply it. Gloss Coat is a consumer grade coating.

As far as the pricing goes, that's a business decision by that detailer to charge whatever they're charging. Kind of hard to speculate on why other people do what they do, but you're right as far as the application process goes. I've had CQUK and Gloss Coat applied on my daily driver for about 8 months now and I've noticed very minor differences.

tdekany
03-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Well lets say $600 is that the charge just for the coating & that does not include a stage 1 polish or whatever is needed before applying the coating. As it seems to be very similar to the Cquartz Uk that i have applied before I just find it on the high side when the product costs around $150 & they charge $600. I can understand $300 range to apply it.

Now mind you I'm new at this and maybe I'm missing something here. But curious if there is a difference in product that I dont know about which is why its more expensive to get done.

Thanks

The price has to include at least a 1 step polish plus all the rest of the prep work. I do not know of a detailer that does that.

As I said before, a "regular" detail can easily cost you $300 and you are lucky if you receive a wax. With Gloss Coat, you should be ok for 3 years. All you ever need to do is wash the car regularly. That is it. How much is that worth to you? What would the total cost be if you took your car to get it detailed several times a year? On top of that, the superior protection that you get from coatings will keep your car cleaner longer, the washes are very easy to do, and after each wash, you have a "JUST DETAILED" finish.

But you can do the prep work and the application with the consumer versions yourself, but understand that coatings are more complicated than just slapping a coat of wax on. It isn't rocket science, but how much to apply, how long to wait before leveling, etc... may effect the outcome. You may apply it too thin, you could wipe too early, wipe to aggressively, etc...

YOU PAY FOR EXPERIENCE.