PDA

View Full Version : If No Microfiber Wash, What Detergent To Use?

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-07-2016, 10:22 AM
I usually use 3d Towel Kleen.

However I forgot to bring some from my shop.

And I'm currently in indiana, and need to clean my towels.

Before I used towel kleen I used Dreft, the baby soap.

Wanted to know what everyone else uses if they didn't have micro wash.

Should I stick with the Dreft? Or any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance wanted to see if anybody has good ideas (as you usually do)

jamesboyy
03-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Something like All free and clear with a little vinegar would help you in a pinch though just remember don't get a detergent with a fabric softener in it or anything like that nor use any kind of powder cleaners

Joshwaa
03-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Also no fragrance. If washing machine is able tell to do an extra rinse.

Ebg18t
03-07-2016, 12:21 PM
All free and clear

LEDetailing
03-07-2016, 01:56 PM
I've been using Purex free and clear with great results. ~$8 for 150 oz and its high efficiency washer approved. I've used it on my work clothes with good results. I don't know exactly how much detergent I use per load, would guess around an ounce, little more if towels are extra soiled. I would bet most of our personal cars are kept so clean that our MF don't get very dirty.

My nose is now so sensitive to the fragrance when I walk into a room I can smell laundry detergents and fabric softeners on other peoples freshly washed clothes. I like no fragrance. Except with my detailing supplies. Bring on the fruity scents.

SeanChav
03-07-2016, 02:35 PM
before I got a dedicated MF soap I was using All Free and Clear with no problems

Coopers ST
03-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Whatever free and clear is on sale

cardaddy
03-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Yup... as they all say.... use a "clear" liquid detergent. Add in a cup of white vinegar and you're set.

If they are loaded with sealants and LSP's, then it's not a bad idea to do a presoak with your favorite APC.

Just do an extra rinse, extra spin, and you're all good. :)