PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to dry your MF towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Based
03-06-2016, 04:36 PM
I just washed my new mits and towels and put them in the drier. This time using the no heat setting instead of medium like I've been doing ignorantly. They were in for almost an hour and they are still pretty damp. Not dripping by any means but definitely damp. What should I do? Put them in longer?

roguerobot
03-06-2016, 04:41 PM
I put mine on low and it takes about 50 mins

pheerix
03-06-2016, 04:52 PM
I use ultra low heat and my thicker and plusher towels take almost an hour to dry completely.

Based
03-06-2016, 05:08 PM
So is low heat ok? I have regular heat, medium heat, low heat, and no heat. I use regular heat for everything but MF.

custmsprty
03-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Wow guys, mine dry in about 20 minutes max in my dryer. Mine would be cooked in 50 minutes in my dryer.

Based
03-06-2016, 05:37 PM
My dryer is like 20 years old

kesmit
03-06-2016, 05:52 PM
On low heat, about 30 minutes for medium thickness (480GSM) and an hour for thick (1000GSM).

AGOatemywallet
03-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Do any of you think that tumbling your MF around a dryer for an hour has a negative impact on their longevity?

I dry mine on high, until almost dry and then switch to medium to finish drying.

Never had any issues.

FinishingTouchA
03-06-2016, 06:10 PM
I hooked up a switch to my dryer to turn off heat. I run them on low heat for 20 minutes then 2 hours tumbling with no heat.

Based
03-06-2016, 06:22 PM
I turned it on low heat. Let it run for a couple minutes then checked. Everything but the cobra guzzlers were dry and not even that hot just a tad warm in certain spots. Let the cobra guzzlers go for another five minutes and they dried.

cardaddy
03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
I just washed my new mits and towels and put them in the drier. This time using the no heat setting instead of medium like I've been doing ignorantly. They were in for almost an hour and they are still pretty damp. Not dripping by any means but definitely damp. What should I do? Put them in longer?

IGNORANTLY?????

Say WHAT ? ! ? ! ? !!!!

Pray tell... WHERE did you hear such a thing?

As for how long it takes to dry a load.
Well that depends on how many you're drying, what GSM and the like.
For me... I tend to wash and dry at least 25~40 at a time. Drying takes a LOT longer than washing.

Unless you have a thermonuclear dryer... even high heat isn't going to hurt your towels.

Medium is what you should be using, on even the most delicate towels imho. ;)
Then again.... what do I know about towels. :rolleyes:
I mean, ME? Microfiber TOWELS? Shhhhhh... say it ain't so. :laughing:

You'll more likely end up with worse towels from tumbling them around wet and never drying them than actually getting them dry and moving on.

dad07
03-06-2016, 08:09 PM
IGNORANTLY?????

Say WHAT ? ! ? ! ? !!!!

Pray tell... WHERE did you hear such a thing?

As for how long it takes to dry a load.
Well that depends on how many you're drying, what GSM and the like.
For me... I tend to wash and dry at least 25~40 at a time. Drying takes a LOT longer than washing.

Unless you have a thermonuclear dryer... even high heat isn't going to hurt your towels.

Medium is what you should be using, on even the most delicate towels imho. ;)
Then again.... what do I know about towels. :rolleyes:
I mean, ME? Microfiber TOWELS? Shhhhhh... say it ain't so. :laughing:

You'll more likely end up with worse towels from tumbling them around wet and never drying them than actually getting them dry and moving on.

:iagree: it's simple......and yes Tony is the GODFATHER of mf towels! :laughing:

FrankS
03-06-2016, 08:32 PM

I've always heard and read that MF towels should be dried with low heat. I have an old dryer that just has one setting - HOT.

I always dry mine on a clothes line outside because I didn't want to put them in the dryer thinking they would get ruined.

If it's okay to dry them in high heat in a dryer, then that would save me time.

Cabrio
03-06-2016, 08:49 PM
From the laws scribed on the tablets of AG...

"Tumble them dry on low heat or no heat. High heat will literally melt the fibers while fabric softener and bleach will eliminate the electric charge that makes microfiber so effective. Avoid those three laundry habits, and your microfiber will last indefinitely."

Its gotta be true...its on the internet :idea:

BrutalNoodle
03-06-2016, 10:52 PM
I had a dozen of those orange Vroom towels.

Had.

They were toasted after 28 min on high setting (local laundromat). I thought it would be okay, but I guess it wasn't the case. That was years back, but I'm playing it safe now and set it on low, and never experience any heat-related problem since.