PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Doctor in Da House

atgonzales
03-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Well I washed my daily today:

To find this

Grrrr, its what you get for driving highways in the Chicagoland area, the chip is actually down to the metal, so I used Dr Color Chip, Ruby Red, I have used this product in the past and found it worked very well, it not the best result as I will need to keep layering chip but I think it went well:

I'm using Mike's three feet rule

Please let me know your comments and how I can do better

FUNX650
03-06-2016, 03:27 PM
3 feet?
{Also looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. :D}

•Keep filling it in.
-Then, and once you're done polishing it:
-PPF will become your best friend.

Bob

Billy Baldone
03-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Trade it in. The car is complete junk now. Lol. Where do you live? I'm in Woodstock

StephenK
03-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Let us know where you are located. Some of us may be in your area or know someone in your area if you're looking for help with that

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Nice job on the touch up looks goods

davidc
03-06-2016, 06:52 PM
It's a real bummer but if it is driven sh** happens sorry to say. Touch up is looking like it is going well.

Dave

Crispy
07-29-2016, 04:39 PM
I also use the Dr ColorChip system with good results. I found quite by accident that if you do not level it with the Sealact (I think that's right) you can certainly wet sand with 2000 grit and polish. I did a spot on the hood and missed it with the levelling solution (was doing the whole front clip).I did not notice it for few days and now the touch up was hard as nails. I tried the Sealact but no dice. The paint was above the surface of the surrounding paint so sanding seemed necessary. I used a very small block with 2000 grit paper to slowly level. This requires patience as too agressive will "lift" paint out of the the spot. After sanding level I used my Nano Short Neck (love this macine and system for this kind of work). Coarse compound and coarse pad followed by polish and polishing pad. I could still see some small defect but I knew where to look with a critical eye, but the average person would not be able to find it. I should mention this was a rather deep chip and I had expected to have to apply 2 coats of touchup, but the Doctor only needed one treatment. I should have taken pictures but like I said it was by accident so did not and my camera skills with digital cameras are not very good (give me a good single reflex lens camera and I could photograph no problem).