PDA

View Full Version : For those that blow dry after a wash...

Paul A.
03-06-2016, 12:29 PM
The tightest car i blow out after a wash is one customer's 2009 Lexus IS 250! Did it yesterday and it amazes me how little water comes out of the nooks and crannies of that thing.

Forgive me for bringing up something that may impress us the least but, dang...every blessed thing under the sun related to what we do has been covered. It's just that i like how little water is forced out making her car just that much more enjoyable. I had a brand new Camry today and that plastic front grill was the polar opposite! I think it's still holding water more than (BLANK) after a thorough blow.

11Silverado
03-06-2016, 12:41 PM
I too blow dry my truck with the Master Blaster. While it does a good job of getting water out of crevices, I think I could hit each spot with a slightly different angle and even more water comes out. Almost seems like a never ending battle and mirrors are the worst imo!

Paul A.
03-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Bingo. I do 360's with my blower nozzle to try and get every angle. And it never fails...i could spend half an hour on 1 side view mirror and when the customer gets in to leave and closes the drivers door, BAM...DRIPS! Dagnabbit!!!

shagnat
03-08-2016, 06:19 AM
I just use a leaf blower on my Genesis sedan and don't have any issues. I have one of those small blowers that I thought would be necessary for some of the smaller areas (with attachments) but I don't have that issue. Now, if there's anything coming from the trunk or license plate area I don't know about it and don't see evidence of it.
Maybe I'm just lucky.

GSKR
03-08-2016, 06:51 AM
The vehicle that holds the most water after washing is the merc ml for years.I don't even bother to metro it ,I take it around the block for the water to escape.The Lexus lx 470 same thing.on tahoes the body side mouldings drip for 2 hrs even if you hold the metro right up to it still leaks.

11Silverado
03-08-2016, 12:56 PM
The vehicle that holds the most water after washing is the merc ml for years.I don't even bother to metro it ,I take it around the block for the water to escape.The Lexus lx 470 same thing.on tahoes the body side mouldings drip for 2 hrs even if you hold the metro right up to it still leaks.

I have those moldings on my Silverado. I can get all the water out of those, but I have water drip from somewhere in the door for hours later. The truck has running boards so you can see where it drips and it drives me nuts!

parshooter
03-08-2016, 04:56 PM
This is why I like rinseless washing so much. Very little water gets into where I don't want/need it.

Jaddie
03-08-2016, 07:14 PM
The best car dryer is a CR Spotless system. I use the US$225 model (got it on sale for about 10% off). It's not absolutely spotless, though. If you leave a lot of water on the vehicle (you didn't sheet), and you leave the vehicle outside where dust can settle on it, the droplets that caught dust or pollen will spot, but they wipe away easily.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-09-2016, 03:07 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience.

German cars can hold a bit of water. Especially on the models that have the rain gutters...

GSKR
03-09-2016, 06:40 AM
I have those moldings on my Silverado. I can get all the water out of those, but I have water drip from somewhere in the door for hours later. The truck has running boards so you can see where it drips and it drives me nuts!The inner channel underneath the door holds a lot of water.where the seam sealer is underneath,but those moldings take for ever to dry drip free pita.

Paul A.
03-09-2016, 08:46 AM
And believe it or not, i actually like the fact that i blow some water out of my car's nooks and crannies. I like to think that while i can't get in there with wash media at least the soap and water gets in there to maybe flush out some crud. The blow dry insures i don't get any nasty drip "channels" later that stain the paint. And i get Niagra Falls when i open both doors after the wash!

That Lexus IS though...there wasn't any water getting in tight areas so dirt and road grime should be less of a worry too.

11Silverado
03-09-2016, 09:52 AM
The inner channel underneath the door holds a lot of water.where the seam sealer is underneath,but those moldings take for ever to dry drip free pita.

Is there anyway to prevent this/ get all the water out so it doesn't drip? I've yet to figure anything out. It wouldn't bother me if there weren't running boards on the truck. The water drips on the running boards and then will leave a spot and just makes it look "dirty" again.