PDA

View Full Version : With the new addition of Jeweling Wax....

Pages : [1] 2

Billy Baldone
03-05-2016, 02:44 PM
With new Jeweling wax added to the mix of things readily one click away. Let's say we have a show car, and we prep the hood the same, remove swirls, polish with Essence, then wax one half with Jeweling wax, and the other half with Souveran. Will there really be a difference in sunlight to the naked eye? I mean really....

Billy Baldone
03-05-2016, 02:48 PM
I actually would like someone to do this. There is still snow here Chicago otherwise I would be doing this

The Guz
03-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't the abrasives in the McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax remove essence?

Billy Baldone
03-05-2016, 03:11 PM
See.... I'm genuinely concerned it's just ummmmm how do I be polite.... Snake oil.

Billy Baldone
03-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Isn't Essence supposed to be LSP/coating ready? Essence I would imagine can be removed if you only use it for its polishing ability. Essence was just an example of a finishing polish right before wax

Billy Baldone
03-05-2016, 03:23 PM
And to be clear, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just genuinely want a side by comparison. I have some in my shopping cart now.

The Guz
03-05-2016, 03:28 PM
And to be clear, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just genuinely want a side by comparison. I have some in my shopping cart now.

I say buy it and report back :xyxthumbs:

Zubair
03-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Putting a wax over Essence makes sense. Using an AIO like Essence and following it up with another AIO with a different name(Jeweling Wax) is a waste of Essence. Just use a regular finishing polish and wax thereafter would make perfect sense.

zx10r Elle
03-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Gentlemen,

Im afraid this just adds another echelon of complexity for novices like me. Saw the listing in the lineup this morning and immediately became perplexed, then upon reading the description my confusion deepened.

It has cleaners, abrasives, fillers and carnauba. Then my thought was Chem Guys marketeer is moonlighting as the rhetoric seemed enhanced.

I can kinda see some situations where it may be suitable, but being a novice makes it difficult. The lines have once gain been blurred when I thought I was making some progress.

Steve

silverfox
03-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Here we go...

Setec Astronomy
03-05-2016, 05:41 PM
It has cleaners, abrasives, fillers and carnauba.

It doesn't say it has fillers, it says the carnauba fills.

FUNX650
03-05-2016, 05:58 PM
With new Jeweling wax added to the
mix of things readily one click away.

Let's say we have a show car, and we
prep the hood the same, remove swirls,

polish with Essence,

then wax one half with Jeweling wax,
and the other half with Souveran.

Will there really be a difference in sunlight
to the naked eye? I mean really....
Why not just leave Essence completely
out of this equation...and go from there?

(I know I would!)

Bob

cleanmycorolla
03-05-2016, 06:35 PM
why would you use jeweling wax over essence?

Joe@NextLevelDetail
03-05-2016, 07:54 PM

Essence has more cut, and fillers.

AGOatemywallet
03-05-2016, 08:30 PM

Do you mean using a Jeweling Wax After using Essence or asking why someone would choose one or the other?