PDA

View Full Version : To coat or to wax? That is the question

LSNAutoDetailing
03-04-2016, 10:00 AM
We're in that weird transition time here in New Hampshire (March into April).
In like a lion, out like a lamb, example, today it's 22 degrees and snowing today, dropping down to 17 tonight. Two days next week projected to go to 60 degrees... Then back to 40's/50's and lots of rain again.

I have a new client I'd like to recommend a coating too... but no way weather is being reasonable, at least for the next 3 to 4 weeks. Moreover he's mainly disappointed with the dealer installed swirls and scratches on his new car and would like those resolved ASAP. Sadly the two days it's going to be 60, I'm not available.

I have some time and can do a proper new car prep for this client sooner than later, but temps/weather aren't favorable to coatings, i.e. (PBL or CQUK). My garage isn't heated, nor is it above 60. I also don't have the room for heat lamps.

I'm thinking paint correction topped with either Col 476 or Pinnacle Liquid or Paste Souveran. Then maybe late Summer early Fall approach the custy for a polish, IPA and coating.

Does this sound like a sound plan??

Mike lambert
03-04-2016, 10:22 AM
That is an excellent way to go, give him a good explanation of why and how coatings work and why it will be better to do the coating later!

Jaretr1
03-04-2016, 11:41 AM
The only problem I see is Souveran paste does not last very long.

What about trying Carpro Essence topped with Reload? The heat of the pad working essense will be enough. Just a thought.

Ebg18t
03-04-2016, 12:01 PM
I think you could get away with CQUK topped with Reload

AutowerxDetailing
03-04-2016, 02:28 PM
UK is made for applying in colder climates. Sounds perfect for what you're dealing with. Top w/ Reload to prevent water spots and you're good to go.

LSNAutoDetailing
03-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Great!!! Thanks everyone. I'll see what the custy wants to do.

Cheers!