PDA

View Full Version : Body shop detail area

olekszaa
03-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone and thanks for taaking a second to read this.
I recently took over the detail department at a large body shop. My question is what are the best products, compounds, buffing pads that would suit my needs.
Mostly we buff dirt in fresh paint very few do we do recons on vehicles.
The current setup there are 2 Dewalt polishers, 3M wool pads, 3M black pads, Norton liquid ice compound, Castle special polish. Lately I've had problems with swirls and bleedback
I have mixed feelings on the compoud and am more used to 3M foam cutting pads. I'm aware of the countless other products on the market just want a quick run down of what might better suit my needs.

FOCUS.FREAK
03-03-2016, 06:54 PM
It's hard to say. Most body shops fix the issue, paint then buff the crap out of it to make it look "presentable" out the door so. Quick and fast.

Swirls I'm sure you can reduce with the correct polish and compound. The pads have a lot to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSKR
03-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Hello everyone and thanks for taaking a second to read this.
I recently took over the detail department at a large body shop. My question is what are the best products, compounds, buffing pads that would suit my needs.
Mostly we buff dirt in fresh paint very few do we do recons on vehicles.
The current setup there are 2 Dewalt polishers, 3M wool pads, 3M black pads, Norton liquid ice compound, Castle special polish. Lately I've had problems with swirls and bleedback
I have mixed feelings on the compoud and am more used to 3M foam cutting pads. I'm aware of the countless other products on the market just want a quick run down of what might better suit my needs.kinda hard to answer there are as you know,so many variables.your halo promblem is from the rotary.