PDA

View Full Version : 6" Orbital just delivered, have a question.

Pages : [1] 2

Jeff 5280
03-03-2016, 06:06 PM
I took delivery of my Griot's Garage 6" Orbital Buffer today and super excited, however there is no Serial# on the device. I want to register it on Griot's website for warranty but it requires a Serial #. Can someone confirm if there device has a serial#.

VISITOR
03-03-2016, 10:37 PM
as long as you have your receipt there shouldn't be any problems with the warranty. GG customer service it tops and they will take care of you if any problems occur...

ski2
03-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Contact Griots Customer Service for the location of the serial #.

BudgetPlan1
04-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Finally got around to looking at the one I ordered in leap year sale. Seems along with wrench/Allen key there was also a pair of what appears to be small magnets on about .5" electrical leads/connectors?

Extras? Looks electrical which immediately makes me hide my eyes...electrically ignorant and all.

FOCUS.FREAK
04-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Finally got around to looking at the one I ordered in leap year sale. Seems along with wrench/Allen key there was also a pair of what appears to be small magnets on about .5" electrical leads/connectors?

Extras? Looks electrical which immediately makes me hide my eyes...electrically ignorant and all.

This little pieces are called brushes. They are replaceable on the machine

BudgetPlan1
04-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Gracias!

ski2
04-07-2016, 07:28 AM
This little pieces are called brushes. They are replaceable on the machine

But don't replace the brushes as it will void your warranty. If you have any problems just call Griots and let them handle it.

cardaddy
04-07-2016, 08:14 AM
But don't replace the brushes as it will void your warranty. If you have any problems just call Griots and let them handle it.

How would that void the warranty?

The brushes (as they are called) are *externally* replaceable. I mean... there is only 1 screw that holds the back housing on, which slides right off, and accessing the brushes doesn't require ANY access to the motor internals, nor the gearbox internals.

One would have to think, being as Groit sends the brushes with each buffer, that replacement was *meant* to be handled by the end user. ;)

ski2
04-09-2016, 07:39 AM
cardaddy--When I first received my GG6 back a few years ago there were a set of brushes in the box, but no instructions on how to replace them. So I contacted Griots Customer Service. They stated they had been unsuccessful in having their manufacturer eliminate adding the extra brushes to the shipping box and that if I were to replace the brushes it would void the warranty so I should just contact them if I thought the brushes needed replaced.

BudgetPlan1
04-09-2016, 08:34 AM
They should at least put a note in the box saying "Throw this sh*t out..." then.

cardaddy
04-09-2016, 12:41 PM
cardaddy--When I first received my GG6 back a few years ago there were a set of brushes in the box, but no instructions on how to replace them. So I contacted Griots Customer Service. They stated they had been unsuccessful in having their manufacturer eliminate adding the extra brushes to the shipping box and that if I were to replace the brushes it would void the warranty so I should just contact them if I thought the brushes needed replaced.

WOW!!!

You'd think they wouldn't put up a fit over it. I mean... one screw and the housing slides off. The brushes are held in place by a pair of coil springs (like a watch spring). Of course the leads are attached with a small Phillips head.

All in all though I'd bed replacing them would be a 5 minute job. ;)

Griot's Garage
04-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Replacing the brushes on the 6" Random Orbital does not void the warranty any more. That policy has been changed :) We will have instructions on how to change them for those who need them soon (website, via customer service, in the box).

VISITOR
04-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Replacing the brushes on the 6" Random Orbital does not void the warranty any more. That policy has been changed :) We will have instructions on how to change them for those who need them soon (website, via customer service, in the box).

awesome, top notch customer service and response once again! :)

hdez
04-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Where do I register my GG6?

Griot's Garage
04-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Where do I register my GG6?

You don't need to register it. It's just a lifetime warranty against defect no matter what. Our customer service reps can assist you or you can fill out the 'returns' sheet on our site.