PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber vs High End Wool Mitt which one?

Pages : [1] 2

spitshine1
03-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Which one to use to prevent swirls while washing a dark colored car?
Seems like there is a difference of opinion?

Can anybody shed some light?

I have used both with a 2 bucket system I haven't had any issues.
I use very light pressure.

Thanks!
Nick

Ebg18t
03-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi?

Setec Astronomy
03-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi?

Exactly. This is a personal preference issue.

Mike@ShineStruck
03-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Just buy and try both
Just use the wool for upper and MF MIT for lower panels
And get a MF MIT for rims

VISITOR
03-03-2016, 03:29 PM
great wash mitt for a reasonable price...
Meguiars X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-microfiber-wash-mitt.html)
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2269_58976123

Audios S6
03-03-2016, 03:49 PM
It's personal preference. Either will serve you well. By the title of thread you already seem to realize low quality wool mitts may mar your finish.

I personally don't like wool mitts due to the maintenance. Brushing it after wash and dry, taking it for walks, leaving mitt food and water out for it, cleaning up accidents on the carpet. It's practically a pet.

Honestly though, I'd probably spend less time brushing a wool mitt than I do inspecting and folding towels.

Cabrio
03-03-2016, 03:55 PM
It's personal preference. Either will serve you well. By the title of thread you already seem to realize low quality wool mitts may mar your finish.

I personally don't like wool mitts due to the maintenance. Brushing it after wash and dry, taking it for walks, leaving mitt food and water out for it, cleaning up accidents on the carpet. It's practically a pet.

Honestly though, I'd probably spend less time brushing a wool mitt than I do inspecting and folding towels.

Lmao! I went from MF to wool mitt to MF back to wool mitt. I am now the proud owner of two wool mitts and they enjoy washing cars just as much as I do :dblthumb2:

Priyaka
03-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Lmao! I went from MF to wool mitt to MF back to wool mitt. I am now the proud owner of two wool mitts and they enjoy washing cars just as much as I do :dblthumb2:

Which wool mitts are you using?

Cabrio
03-03-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm using the Wookie's fist and the Aussie Merino. As Audios S6 mentions, there is a little bit of maintenance involved with these but I'm quite happy with them.

oldmodman
03-03-2016, 06:07 PM
I have a Wookie's Fist too and even after three years it still looks great.
It doesn't scratch the paint or install any marring either.
Provided that you rinse it thoroughly in your rinse bucket between every soaking it in the soap bucket.
After use I rinse it until it is absolutely clean then dry it between two towels. And I comb it just before it is totally dry. A lot of work but it should last forever.

Bunky
03-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Many wool mitts are a lot more maintenance....microfiber is simple.

spitshine1
03-03-2016, 06:40 PM
That's what I thought a toss up.
Sounds like wool is old school and MF is new school?
Nick

Cabrio
03-03-2016, 06:44 PM
That's what I thought a toss up.
Sounds like wool is old school and MF is new school?
Nick

Ouch! Are you saying I'm old - lol.

Detailing by M
03-14-2016, 10:56 PM
I can't stand the idea of using wool to wash with or use one wash mitt over and over and over and over.
Wool is for cutting deep into the paint so why would you use this to wash a car with?
I use "fresh" clean soft Micro Fiber Towels. No scratches, No worries, done!

Daviddear30
03-14-2016, 11:16 PM
I can't stand the idea of using wool to wash with or use one wash mitt over and over and over and over.
Wool is for cutting deep into the paint so why would you use this to wash a car with?
I use "fresh" clean soft Micro Fiber Towels. No scratches, No worries, done!

MF cutting pads do the same thing.