PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the pad washing machine..

FMINUS
10-05-2007, 07:30 PM
I was thinking about the pad washing gadget for the bucket top after a recommendation from OrngeZ.

My question is this, which is the cheapest pad cleaner powder per usage?
Snappy Clean
DP
Cobra
or WG?

Did I miss any cleaners?

Or is there an alternative to these powders?

FMINUS
10-06-2007, 06:41 PM
:work:

ehuth1
10-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure but I would think the powders would be the way to go. They have set quanity and any others would have to be measure... I guess everyone is http://www.mlaezza.altervista.org/tagger/smileys/smiley_whisper.gif

Nica
10-07-2007, 02:12 AM
So far I'm very pleased with Snappy Clean, it really does the job and it leaves the pad clean. I would have to agree with ehuth1 and his comment about the set quantity. I like the fact that with one little bag I know how much water to add and I just drop it in the bucket mix it and I'm done...but mind you meassuring is not bad either. Either one would work but I've only tried Snappy Clean and I'm pleased with it too.

Just my opinion on the matter.

klumzypinoy
10-07-2007, 03:28 AM
I have 2 tubs of DP (it's cheaper when u buy the 2 pack). It comes with a measuring scoop and it's easy to use :) u get 16 uses out of a tub, but u can reuse the solution a few times according to the instructions.

SpoiledMan
10-07-2007, 11:25 PM
I use the WG powder in my pad cleaner. That thing makes a long day a bit easier at the end.:)

D
10-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Woolite 8:1

SpoiledMan
10-07-2007, 11:40 PM
If you were to put Woolite in that bucket and start the rotary you'd have a river of foam by the time you got to the second pad.

D
10-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Sorry, let me be a little more clear. That system (and those cleaning solutions) seems like a waste of money to me, unless you're really lazy. Put some Woolite in a spray bottle 8:1 and use a little brush.

SpoiledMan
10-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, it's called making things a easier. Most times it costs money to make things easier. Just like people pay to have their cars detailed by someone else. At the end of the day when there are 10-12 pads to be cleaned (wool in particular) the pad cleaner makes the job easy. Both wool and foam pads come out like new.

Dan, have you ever used one?

Tex Star Detail
10-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Dawn dish soap in the washing machine, hot water.

run it a 2nd short cycle with a tad of vinegar in the rise cycle. Just to make sure everything is clean.

I have some pad cleaner that has been siting for about a year now. Not sure why I haven't tried it yet.:rolleyes:

D
10-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Well, it's called making things a easier. Most times it costs money to make things easier. Just like people pay to have their cars detailed by someone else. At the end of the day when there are 10-12 pads to be cleaned (wool in particular) the pad cleaner makes the job easy. Both wool and foam pads come out like new.

Dan, have you ever used one?

Nope, havent used one. I guess I shouldnt bash something I havent tried, right? Although Im not really bashing it, just saying it seems like a waste. I know what its like to wash 10 pads after a long day, and Im perfectly content doing it by hand, its easy enough. But to spend over $100 to make something as simple as washing pads a little easier doesnt make sense to me. My money can be spent better on something else. Like a Metabo. Thats just my opinion.

ryandamartini
10-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I use a brush and some pad spray cleaner from XMT line. Just spray, scrub, rinse and done..

Pad washing has never been a big obstacle for me :p

SpoiledMan
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I was thinking about the pad washing gadget for the bucket top after a recommendation from OrngeZ.

My question is this, which is the cheapest pad cleaner powder per usage?

Back on topic, you should find the results you're looking for using the WG powder. The directions tell you how much to use per gallon *and* from what I can tell it's at least similar to Snappy Clean.